US Snooker Championship average breaks

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
acura9418 said:
Does anyone know what the average break is in the US Snooker Championship
It depends. It's usually about 30 minutes for coffee and 2 hours for lunch.

Boro Nut

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
acura9418 said:
Does anyone know what the average break is in the US Snooker Championship
I think you can expect the high break to be in the 70's or so.

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
instroke75 said:
That's not very high! I would think it would be higher.
Yes, but let's not forget Jeremy that I was thinking it would be higher long before you thought it was. How high did you think it would be? Well I thought it would be even a little bit higher than that, and I probably thought it before you even began thinking how low it was.

Boro Nut

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Five-times champion Tom Kollins holds the high-break record of 126 I think, but Bob is right as you can probably expect a hig-break this year maybe in the 70s.

There are a few players thought in the Championship this year who can make regular century breaks, but it's just whether they can produce it in an event like this - we will see! :)

Best wishes.

Alan.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I had the resources to come and play, because it doesn't sound like it is a very strong tournament if that is what you expect the high run to be! I mean what kind of payout is it? I only ask, because you can't tell me that some of the top American players can't run higher breaks than that. I'm sorry I just don't believe that there are no good players in the states!

I play snooker 4 or 5 days a week, and I know that in every week I always put together some high breaks(80-120s, granted they're on a 5 by 10, but I can't believe it's that much harder).
Sorry I don't mean to babble, but 70 just seems low!
Jeremy

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
Boro Nut said:
Do you qualify to play in it this year Alan?

Boro Nut
Hey good to hear from you.

No I'm not eligible to play - I'm taking a full-time snooker position in Las Vegas in time, once I'm living there I may consider playing at that time.

I'll let you all know a lot more about my Las Vegas position in time! We have some exciting plans coming up there in the futire! :)

Cheers for now.

Alan.

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
instroke75 said:
I wish I had the resources to come and play, because it doesn't sound like it is a very strong tournament if that is what you expect the high run to be! I mean what kind of payout is it? I only ask, because you can't tell me that some of the top American players can't run higher breaks than that. I'm sorry I just don't believe that there are no good players in the states!

I play snooker 4 or 5 days a week, and I know that in every week I always put together some high breaks(80-120s, granted they're on a 5 by 10, but I can't believe it's that much harder).
Sorry I don't mean to babble, but 70 just seems low!
Jeremy
Hey Jeremy!

I can tell you that the winner of this Championship will get a minimum of $1,000, and the Embassy Club usually tops it up by another few hundred dollars.

It's a shame that you were unable to come and play. I can tell you though that when you are playing tournament snooker, it is a completely different prospect than having a relaxing fun game with friends as I am sure you understand.

There are hundreds of fantastic players in the world who can clear the table all the time, who just cannot perform at that level in a match.

I just think that the best snooker players in the United States just don't currently have the opportunity to compete with each other very often. If the same players were facing each other every month for example, I would expect the standard to rise dramatically and the top players would be making regular competitive century breaks.

It's a problem of course that we are trying to address in the association to raise the standards.

Best wishes.

Alan.

Last edited: