Junior World Pool Championships

cuycuy

Raya Representative
Silver Member
wpa-pool.com has a list of champions. Nothing permanent for the competition specifically.

I heard that the next JWC will be held in Germany.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
you talking about the 10-ball that finished up yesterday?

Hijikata won over John Morra 7 to 4 to capture the Boys Junior Title.

Ram Cha over Anna Kostanian 8 to 2

wangerhg

Registered
chewming said:
Does anyone have any clues or websites about this event?

According to WPA website, 2007 Junior WPC will be held in Willingen of Germany (November 26-30 ).

Hijikata was also 2005 Junior WPC runner-up.

Last edited:

chewming

Registered
Okay. But i want to find out the details of the event for example the format of competition, any qualifiers or something like that...

cuycuy

Raya Representative
Silver Member
I don't know if they've changed the format this year, but the invitations are sent directly to our national federation via the Regional (in the Philippines' case, the APBU). Two invites (for each sex) are initially given to each national federation.

The national reps of the US (are you American chewming?) are decided by a junior national championship. The Philippine delegate last year was handpicked based on performance in tournaments etc. I believe they had a small field of 32 last year. I don't believe they have qualifiers on the tournament site like the WPC and the Women's WPC. But to tell you the truth, it might be an improvement to the competition if they do allow on-site qualifiers.

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Wow, I better check the WPA website before I lose me Bum. I was thinking about the J.W.P.C last night. It's going to be very Interesting.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Oh my gosh!!! It's my long lost great grand cousin Chewming!!!!!!!

How the heck are you, cousin????? :D :D :D :D

Russ

PoolSponge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marina Linguieri from Ottawa is going to rep Canada as well. She finished 4th this year at the Canadians in the women's open and played the juniors last year.

Good luck Marina!

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I am in agreement

that the 'best' representatives of a country should be just that, the best for their age group, not just because you have more money to go than the guy down the street.

This is a World competition, and candidates should have some qualification process prior to being able to participate in it.

How many have to stay home just because they can not afford the expense it takes to go to it? Which brings up another point. I also believe that anyone that qualifies should be supported by some organization(s) to help pay for the trip, etc.. After all, they are representing our country in a World competition. The Filapinos are much better at doing this than the Americans are, as far as supporting their players that rise to the top.

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
junior championships

Does anyone know if this is going to be televised?... or PPV ?