WTH- I need 6 to his 3??

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
A few months ago I decided to quit the leagues and sign up for local tournaments simply because it works better for my changing crazy family life and schedule.

My first tourney of 8 Ball call pockets. was back in January in a well known pool hall north of Tampa where, a lot of matches are streamed from. Any ways, my first visit there was in January and I placed 4th, it paid $40 it was the first time I won money for playing pool. Too bad my bar tab was $100 :D.

The second time back the game is 9 ball no called pockets. In March I annihilated one of their "best players" one of the guys who wins the pot regularly. He needed 5, I needed 3, I won 3-0. He admitted he was not playing well, he had opportunities and flubbed it often handing me ball in hand several times. I did not win any money that night but the guy running the board looked super mad at me. Like if I was trying to hustle someone.

Last Sunday the hubs and I visited again. The game 9 Ball no called pockets. This was my 3rd tournament. I get put up against the owners son he needs 3 and I need 6. I lost 4-3. Then I get put up against another 6 so we both need 4 and I lost 4-0.

At first I was laughing that I would need six against the owners son -who apparently needs only 3 to win regardless who he is playing. But I suppose that's a benefit to being the owners son :rolleyes: I was kinda mad that they would rank me that high. I'm also shocked that I left that kind of an impression on them as if I'm that good of a player.... Like What? Who? Me???

Finally I'm just thinking well clearly my work with Scott Lee and Donny Lutz has really paid off :thumbup: Thanks guys.

Clearly I need to get my butt in gear

liakos

Banned
A few months ago I decided to quit the leagues and sign up for local tournaments simply because it works better for my changing crazy family life and schedule.

My first tourney of 8 Ball call pockets. was back in January in a well known pool hall north of Tampa where, a lot of matches are streamed from. Any ways, my first visit there was in January and I placed 4th, it paid $40 it was the first time I won money for playing pool. Too bad my bar tab was $100 :D.

The second time back the game is 9 ball no called pockets. In March I annihilated one of their "best players" one of the guys who wins the pot regularly. He needed 5, I needed 3, I won 3-0. He admitted he was not playing well, he had opportunities and flubbed it often handing me ball in hand several times. I did not win any money that night but the guy running the board looked super mad at me. Like if I was trying to hustle someone.

Last Sunday the hubs and I visited again. The game 9 Ball no called pockets. This was my 3rd tournament. I get put up against the owners son he needs 3 and I need 6. I lost 4-3. Then I get put up against another 6 so we both need 4 and I lost 4-0.

At first I was laughing that I would need six against the owners son -who apparently needs only 3 to win regardless who he is playing. But I suppose that's a benefit to being the owners son :rolleyes: I was kinda mad that they would rank me that high. I'm also shocked that I left that kind of an impression on them as if I'm that good of a player.... Like What? Who? Me???

Finally I'm just thinking well clearly my work with Scott Lee and Donny Lutz has really paid off :thumbup: Thanks guys.

Congrats on the wins:) but don't feel bad, you would do the same if you were the T.D. If you saw this "girl" beating everyone you would move her up too! It's a good thing:) play well and be well!

Eli

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You may just have to pay the price for a while and they will soon adjust you down if you are truly not that good.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Thanks for the support guys! This was all so shocking to me. Just 3 years ago the APA said I was a 1 in 9 Ball - and yes they were right.

When someone is playing we can watch them and say she's poor, average, good or an awesome player but that's not something I see when I am playing. I've been sick for a few month and barely able to get any practice games in at my own house. The only reason I got to enter the tourney last Saturday was because my hubby took pity on me.

That was then now I'm feeling good and it's drill time baby
JG