playing with my new predator cue, with revo 12.4 shaft

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been using my new predator blak-1 for a few weeks now. its a very nice cue. the 12. 4 shaft is very slender, and it seems hard for my fat fingers to get a good grip on the shaft as i shoot. but im getting used to bearing down before i shoot the cue ball.

i am kind of new to cues, so i dont really understand the complexity of a custom cue, or a cue that costs a lot of money. i played with a lucasi cue before the predator, and it was a great cue.

is the predator making me a better player????????? please, hell no. a 10 thousand dollar cue wont make me a better player. my problems are mine alone, and i have to solve them myself, the cue has nothing to do with my problems.

do i love the predator cue with a revo 12.4 shaft??????? yes i do. its a great cue, looks great, feels great in my hands, im very happy with it. was it worth 1200 dollars?????

probally not. but now i know that buying every new cue, or the latest and greatest cue is not in my mind anymore. so this will be my cue for a long time.

and im i solving my problems?????? yes i am, very slowly, but im getting to where i want to be at age 63 with fat fingers.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Are you using an open or closed bridge? I have chubby fingers myself and use a closed bridge 97% of the time and it suits me better.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about trying the 12.9?

I got a brand new 12.9 that I played one rack with and did not like, it is QR uni-lock, let me know if yours is QR uni-lock, maybe we can exchange, just a thought.

as I don't know what to do with my 12.9, I really didn't like it.

EDIT: mine is like new, how about yours?