Hunter lumbardo is the best

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ive taken lessons from some well known instructors and some local shortstops and a well known pro
hunter did ore for my mechanics than any of them
he changed my stance which got my body more in line and in sycn with the stroke line
he showed me shots to get "thru" the cue ball that i never new existed
shots he set up which i thought were impossible
he demonstrated and taught me how to stroke them
since he is a top 10 pro player
once my mechanics were solid enough
working with him on patterns and shot choices in 9 bal allowed me to get into the brain/experience of a pro on how to handle different situations
i cant recommend him strongly enough as an instructor
:thumbup:
:)

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, he is the bomb!!! If you have the opportunity, definitely spend some time with him, he knows what he's talking about...
Scott

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
When it comes to lasting improvements Hunter is certainly top on my list

ive taken lessons from some well known instructors and some local shortstops and a well known pro
hunter did ore for my mechanics than any of them
he changed my stance which got my body more in line and in sycn with the stroke line
he showed me shots to get "thru" the cue ball that i never new existed
shots he set up which i thought were impossible
he demonstrated and taught me how to stroke them
since he is a top 10 pro player
once my mechanics were solid enough
working with him on patterns and shot choices in 9 bal allowed me to get into the brain/experience of a pro on how to handle different situations
i cant recommend him strongly enough as an instructor
:thumbup:
:)

I agree with your assessment of Hunter and at some point we will join forces to put on some clinics/seminars, and maybe even make a DVD together.

We've worked together on several occasions and he's one of the few players in the world that understands my own personal style. He studies players and know specifically how they play, from the feet all the way to their fingertips.

When it comes to lasting improvements Hunter is certainly top on my list in the world of pool instruction. I hope he gets more and more into this aspect of the game in the next few year, although it will interfere with his playing to an extent.

If anyone can do both at a high level it's Hunter, his understanding of how the whole game comes together with someone separates him from the field.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'd like to spend some time with Hunter some day. CJ spoke VERY highly of Lombardo to me, while we were in Tunica.

Now I'm starting to hear more and more and more about his instruction. Seems to be pretty heady compliments.

Where does he play out of? Does he travel much doing his instructionals?

Last edited:

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's here in Florida, can't remember exactly where but Tampa, Palm Beach, etc., couple hours away from Jacksonville where I am.

I know he wants to ramp up his instructional efforts even more but still maintains a busy playing schedule and also works regularly with top pros and players. Would definitely keep an eye out for him and if you get a chance to work with him I would...
Scott

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always thought that Hunter has *the* best fundamentals in pro pool; his form is textbook perfect and his stroke is efficiency itself. If he is fully aware of his own mechanics, and possess the ability to analyze the mechanics/form of his students...I would imagine his lessons are well worth the money.

-roger

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dallas, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and Florida.

I'd like to spend some time with Hunter some day. CJ spoke VERY highly of Lombardo to me, while we were in Tunica.

Now I'm starting to hear more and more and more about his instruction. Seems to be pretty heady compliments.

Where does he play out of? Does he travel much doing his instructionals?

We've been talking for the last couple of months about doing some teaching clinics together, maybe one in Dallas, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and Florida.

It's just a matter of coordinating out schedules.