CJ Seminar

dfranklin

Registered
I attended the seminar this afternoon and found it very insightful. CJ does a great job demonstrating and explaining how to play the game almost effortlessly. If any of you DFW area local players want some FREE advice on improving your game I suggest you check this out.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I attended the seminar this afternoon and found it very insightful. CJ does a great job demonstrating and explaining how to play the game almost effortlessly. If any of you DFW area local players want some FREE advice on improving your game I suggest you check this out.

I'm truly jealous of you DFW players.

Can you elaborate on what CJ and Mary went over?

dfranklin

Registered
pretty much the basics being as how it was the first of a series that he's gonna do. Afterall, just like anything else, you have to have a solid foundation or youre standing on shaky ground.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope to see you at Tunica, I'll give you a crash course on the 'Touch Of Inside'

I'm truly jealous of you DFW players.

Can you elaborate on what CJ and Mary went over?

You need to drive over for the next one, it's what 8 hours? I went over my philosophy of my game and how it relates to the pre shot routine. Connecting the whole body "holistically to the cue" so that everything becomes one unit, this enables you to make slight adjustments with your footwork to favor a side of the pocket or create a "zone".

My next complimentary clinic will be in Ft. Worth in a couple of weeks, and then I'm doing them in Dallas and Denton after that. I will do them for 6 weeks to practice for another project on doing that may lead to a reality TV Show. "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"

Hope to see you at Tunica, I'll give you a crash course on the 'Touch Of Inside' System - The Advanced Chapter.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
You need to drive over for the next one, it's what 8 hours? I went over my philosophy of my game and how it relates to the pre shot routine. Connecting the whole body "holistically to the cue" so that everything becomes one unit, this enables you to make slight adjustments with your footwork to favor a side of the pocket or create a "zone".

My next complimentary clinic will be in Ft. Worth in a couple of weeks, and then I'm doing them in Dallas and Denton after that. I will do them for 6 weeks to practice for another project on doing that may lead to a reality TV Show. "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"

Hope to see you at Tunica, I'll give you a crash course on the 'Touch Of Inside' System - The Advanced Chapter.

I'm already there. Ok, I'm there in mind and spirit.

But, my body gets there Thursday afternoon, and will be there for the duration till Sunday afternoon.

Geez. Now that I really think about it.....no pressure. A World Champion will be hawking over my every move.

Be gentle. :grin:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man, that's great, going to Tunica.

I would expect you to play like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9m-QjCcfpc :wink:

Can hardly wait to hear of your progress with a new reality show. Cool. :)

Have fun

John

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's the ultimate in re learning, and it could probably happen no other way.

Man, that's great, going to Tunica.

I would expect you to play like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9m-QjCcfpc :wink:

Can hardly wait to hear of your progress with a new reality show. Cool. :)

Have fun

John

I didn't play like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9m-QjCcfpc , however sometimes you have to lose to truly win. I had to dig deeper into the fundamentals of the grip and stoke than I ever have. It's the ultimate in re learning, and it could probably happen no other way. 'The Game is the Teacher'

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't play like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9m-QjCcfpc , however sometimes you have to lose to truly win. I had to dig deeper into the fundamentals of the grip and stoke than I ever have. It's the ultimate in re learning, and it could probably happen no other way. 'The Game is the Teacher'

You will notice viewing the youtube video and viewing your play at Tunica that your rhythm was way off. In that youtube video, you was on a mission and it showed in your play.

I would like to play like I did 13 years ago, but my priorities in life have changed. I no longer live, breath and dream about pool.

For the last 3 years I have been staying home and practicing ( I do play 1P with my oldest son once in a while). The reason, is the love of the game and what the game does for me inside and that's what matters to me.

I have two more objectives to accomplish. One is to watch Stan's new CTE/Pro1 DVD and practice. The next is to watch your latest video and practice.

If all goes well, I will get back into the field in January of 2014.

In closing, you took 8-10 years away from competitive pocket billiards and followed other ventures. Time didn't stop when you did. The up and coming younger players all wanted to play like the greats and they have.

Its not your technical understanding of the game that affected you at Tunica, it was the mental (take no prisoners) side that failed. The guys you played were out for blood.

Please do not take anything I have typed here the wrong way. I thoroughly enjoy your writings and videos, and I have watched them all. I do practice your teachings and they have helped me move forward in my game.

Getting old is the teacher :smile:

John

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
save yourself some time

I have both DVDs. Cjs DVD is so simple to implement into your game. It takes maybe the three hours to become comfortable with it. If you have a solid straight stroke its a no brainer. Mentally cjs system is almost to easy during competition.
In found the other DVD so confusing. I watched it a good amount of times went to work and never could really get pro one going.

So my advice. Try cjs too first. U may find no need for the other. Just my opininio.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
this is the "death sentence," at least momentarily for my game.

You will notice viewing the youtube video and viewing your play at Tunica that your rhythm was way off. In that youtube video, you was on a mission and it showed in your play.

I would like to play like I did 13 years ago, but my priorities in life have changed. I no longer live, breath and dream about pool.

For the last 3 years I have been staying home and practicing ( I do play 1P with my oldest son once in a while). The reason, is the love of the game and what the game does for me inside and that's what matters to me.

I have two more objectives to accomplish. One is to watch Stan's new CTE/Pro1 DVD and practice. The next is to watch your latest video and practice.

If all goes well, I will get back into the field in January of 2014.

In closing, you took 8-10 years away from competitive pocket billiards and followed other ventures. Time didn't stop when you did. The up and coming younger players all wanted to play like the greats and they have.

Its not your technical understanding of the game that affected you at Tunica, it was the mental (take no prisoners) side that failed. The guys you played were out for blood.

Please do not take anything I have typed here the wrong way. I thoroughly enjoy your writings and videos, and I have watched them all. I do practice your teachings and they have helped me move forward in my game.

Getting old is the teacher :smile:

John

Yes, practicing by one's self and competing against the world's best is certainly different. We thought my game was solid before going to Tunica, and was mistaken.

I weighed in at 211 in Tunica and could not find my stoke's "slot/groove," and from my experience this is the "death sentence," at least momentarily for my game.

10 days ago I put myself on a fairly strict Low Carb Diet and have reduce to 202 (today) and will continue to target 190. When I get bigger, especially in my shoulders and chest it makes my "center" harder to get to, especially the way I hold my hand/wrist.

This is just reality and I'm not reducing my weight only to play better pool, but to feel better too. At that weight, especially playing pool I feel lethargic and sluggish. It's a warning light to me and a sign I need to address right away. Thanks to the Game for giving me this indication so I could catch it before it got more difficult. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Last edited: