Mark Williams for world champion

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
He's starting to feel it again - 8-1 up in a race to 10 means he has more or less booked his place in the next round, and he's playing extremely well.

Reading a couple of interviews of his of late he seems to have found his drive again, and nobody has to like it. he still knocks in long slow roll pots better than anybody - hopefully this resurgence isn't just a false dawn.

chamillionare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont think williams will ever get close to what he was, his best is long gone and i think he has next to no chance to win another world title

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I love Mark Williams' style of play, but have to agree he's along-shot at best.
His oppenent always falls apart when he has to play the tv-table, hence the score.

gr. Dave

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Agree, not a snowballs chance in hell!
I feel the same. I loved Williams in his pomp - what an outrageous potter - but his collapse was rapid and, I think, terminal in terms of challenging for titles.

Boro Nut

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can 2 times World Champion drop from his old level that quickly? Are there any physical reasons for it or was there a lack of practice? Twice WC should have all the confidence in the world...

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
he lost a bit of drive and motivation, he had a baby, wasn't practicing as much, got into a slump, etc etc.

pretty standard fare, but he did drop down far.