• Total voters

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Last edited:

JCurry

can I use my mulligan?
Silver Member
I voted for Blue Diamond by Longoni, which is the closest thing to what I actually use, which is the NIR chalk by Longoni.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
You're not settling anything. This has been discussed AND Polled AD NAUSEUM!

Do a search - you'll find countless threads and dozens of Polls just like this.

And the irony is that it doesn't matter - will you change cars based on what I drive?

Just buy some of each - the one you like the best will be the best.

-von

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
VonRhett,

I did my due diligence by doing a search. While there were two polls on which hand to chalk, there wasn't one on chalk preference. So, this poll is new and isn't redundant.

Poll: Do you hold your chalk in your back hand?
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=108981

Poll: Which hand do you chalk with?
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141004

I'm hoping to search the best previous postings on chalk and link them here.

Buying one of each and trying it out is an easy answer. However, that's too easy, which is why it gets rehashed over again.

Last edited:

Junkyarddog

Kelly
Silver Member
Blue Diamond is this good :grin:

Attachments

• bluediamond.jpg
    bluediamond.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 372

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I searched the forum and found postings that after Tweeten took over the Triangle brand, its basically Masters chalk relabelled for overseas market. Vintage Triangle, pre Tweeten, is a different chalk formula.

I also left out Brunswick chalk because I was told by Victor Stein at Blatt Billiards that its also made by Tweeten Fibre and its just repackaged Masters chalk.

you forgot triangle chalk......i think

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dug this post up so I wouldn't start yet another thread on chalk.

I just wanted to say, after having my EXTREME doubts about chalk making a difference, I need to apologize to the Blue Diamond fans. Wow, I never really thought it would matter that much, but not only do I get more movement on my shots, you don't have to chalk nearly as often. Heck, it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me and giving me more confidence to hit the shots, but who cares!

Regardless, I'm glad I finally bought some and just wanted to share the info with those of you thinking of trying it out.

Bandanna Joe

Watchez Supporter
Silver Member
We are still talking about chalk after I haven't logged in here forever.

I'm still using Blue Diamond (buy from Koinkid...he's fast & reliable) & as I've stated in all the other chalk threads from six months or a year ago if you don't believe Blue Diamond is better, you are only handicapping yourself & not open to change or new technology.

You can put blue painters tape around the labels, and I'll take the Pepsi Challenge on this and tell you the difference. They are absolutely made differently.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Okay, I have a question: The poll shows Pre-flag Masters and Masters manufactured by Tweenten.

Who made pre-flag Masters?

Elephant Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted Silver Cup simply because it is the only chalk I can find in Olive. Will be trying whatever wins this poll when I get new cloth in a few months.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
As far as I know, Tweeten has always been the manufacturer of Masters (pre-flag and Current).

S

skip

I like pre flag blue diamond. Very hard too find, an very expensive. :rolleyes: