Break n jump cue vs jump break

Three.Two.N.D.

Pogi_One
Silver Member
Asking for input. Would you get custom jump/break or production break and production jump. From reading forums these are my choices:

Custom Diveney Jump/Break

or

Predator BK3 or OB Break & Jacoby jump

Thanks

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO If you are a serious player I would go for the cue that is made for 1 purpose, not a cue that is a compromise for different purposes

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Gilbert jump/break with his new Gator tip....absolutely can do it all well !! :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_1426abc.jpg
    IMG_1426abc.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 998

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a jump cue if you're serious. I bought a players Break/Jump and was working on my dart stroke and couldn't get it to work... It was the cue and not me.

I switched to a Jacoby for my jumper and let me tell you that the difference between a break/jump and just a jumper is huge!

If you are serious about this then invest the money to buy one of each.

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Backing up what others said, break cues and jump cues need to be made a little differently to be most effective at what they do. So get a dedicated cue for each purpose. I have the 3-pc. Jacoby jumper, and it jumps a ton better than any jump & break cue that I've used. For jumpers, this forum seems to love Lomax and Jacoby. I can't attest to the Lomax, but the Jacoby's solid.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both?

I have a cheap jump cue with a Samsara jump tip and a cool looking Diviney Ebony jump/break with a dark brown Lake Salvage shaft and the same tip. I'm not the best jumper and probably never will be. At my last tournament a guy had an outstanding looking Alex Brick jump/break made from blood wood. The guy could make that cue sing and did a behind the back jump shot with it. I might try to find one.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd do neither and just get a cheap break/jump cue. 1/3 the price and 80% of the performance.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally have not found a cue that's great at both so I finally gave up and bought separate cues

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They make utility tools to do different jobs & they make specialized tools to a specific job.

I vote for the Break Cue & the Jump Cue, because my experience shows that to be the best road taken.

There is also the chocolate & vanilla syndrome (something for everyone). Good Luck to you....

Last edited:

bad english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm going to break away from the pack on this one. I have a jump/break diveney and and dedicated break diveney with a Lakewood shaft. And in my opinion your not going to find a better break cue than a diveney jump/break and I have had them all from cheap to custom lomax break cues. I can break and still hold the cue ball and it jumps as good as any jump cue I have had ( I also have a brick).

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience jump/break cues break well enough but don't jump well compared to a dedicated jump cue. Get a separate break and jump.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I've probably owned 8 different break/jump cues...Never happy...But 7 of my league friends have the Action, Sneaky, Zebra wood and it breaks and jumps great..$75.00 So I bought the Action break/jump with a wrap and all black..$89.00..I love it..First cheap break/jump I found that does both well...
I used to carry my Lucasi jump cue but the Action break/jump , jumps just as good for me and breaks really hard..

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gilbert jump/break that is really nice for breaking and it jumps great for long jump shots where you have plenty of space before the ball you need to get over. I prefer it for those types of jumps using a standard grip stroke.

I also have a Jacoby jump cue that is amazing for close jumps using the dart stroke, the Glbert just can't keep up with it for those types of shots. I'm not as good with it using standard grip doe long jumps though, but maybe that is lack of practice as I always use the Gilbert for those.

So, to answer your question, I would probably suggest a dedicated breaker and jumper.

rookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gilbert jump/break with his new Gator tip....absolutely can do it all well !! :thumbup:

I will second this was at Andy's the other day and hit some balls around. Used a jump break he keeps there these tips are awesome.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I will second this was at Andy's the other day and hit some balls around. Used a jump break he keeps there these tips are awesome.

That's great to hear.....they really are SUPERB TIPS for that function !!! :thumbup: