Magic chalk

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to give a quick review of magic chalk. I have been shooting pool for 25+ years and have basically always used master chalk. Yesterday we received a box of magic chalk & tried it out. This is gonna sound like bs, but we played 20+ games of 8 ball without​ rechalking & neither of us miscued. I really would not believe anyone that told me this before yesterday. I am a ranked a 7 in 8ball & 8-9 in 9ball APA so you have an idea that I'm no rookie. This chalk is the real deal. I never do reviews, but I really am that impressed. Try it for yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just wanted to give a quick review of magic chalk. I have been shooting pool for 25+ years and have basically always used master chalk. Yesterday we received a box of magic chalk & tried it out. This is gonna sound like bs, but we played 20+ games of 8 ball without​ rechalking & neither of us miscued. I really would not believe anyone that told me this before yesterday. I am a ranked a 7 in 8ball & 8-9 in 9ball APA so you have an idea that I'm no rookie. This chalk is the real deal. I never do reviews, but I really am that impressed. Try it for yourself!

Thank you Sir. I know you were a little apprehensive in buying it. I'm glad you finally pulled the trigger. I admit, the first cube was given to me by a buddy from league, he posts here some times. It sat in my basement for six months, and then I finally said, might as well try it, as it was sitting on a table near my pool table. figured, if I didn't like it, I could just toss it, and not have to stare at it for another 6 months :)

But, I kinda liked it too ;)

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Magic Chalk been using it over a year.

My one gripe is the paper on the chalk rips easily if you use it after a certain amount. I usually just put black tape around it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Sorry, Trav....but I find some flaws in your test. I can play 20 games of nine ball without chalking if I stay to around center ball. You did not inform us of how many spin shots you played.
I use Magic Chalk, but any time I go more than an eighth inch off center, I automatically chalk up, so I don't know what I could get away with.
Good chalk is important, but useless if you don't use it.

Magic Chalk is great. Seller's a nutcase, but a reliable one :)

As far as I know, RJ has never asked how a person voted before he sold the chalk....
....so nutcase doesn't apply here.....I like it when we disagree the odd time, 'cause he's
sincere.......gonna win one of 'em someday.....:)

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I love Magic Chalk been using it over a year.

My one gripe is the paper on the chalk rips easily if you use it after a certain amount. I usually just put black tape around it.

When the paper wears off my chalk I "paint" it with super glue.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will use no other since I bought a few cubes about 6 months ago from RJ. Still on my 1st cube and I play 4-5 days a week. I was in the habit of chalking every shot due to master chalk habit. No need with this formula.

If you have not tried it drop the 'dime' you will not regret it....:groucho:

-Kat,

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Got one on a drawing by ChicagoRJ - been testing many cubes over the last few months. Magic ends up on top. I'll be ordering more. will do review when time permits.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Well, I just ordered a box of the green because we got new cloth on the tables I play on this week & the person in charge of maintenance complained about the blue chalk.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been using Magic Chalk since Tammie Jones came on here looking for it proclaiming it was like crack. I regret not buying the 50 cubes on eBay at the time, as I had never heard of the chalk. But I got a couple of cubes, not the 50.

I need a time check. I don't think RJ was selling it at the time of Tammie's post, but maybe that's who she got it from to begin with all those years ago. {edit: Montana Mike was selling it at the time, and someone pointed out the eBay offering of 50 cubes to Tammie. I assume she snapped them up. And it was ChicagoRJ that proclaimed it was like crack}

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=311518

Is it better than Blue Diamond? I don't know. I just like using Magic Chalk.

Freddie <~~~ uh oh

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'd like to try Magic Chalk, I am assuming most billiard supply places online sell it?

You would be correct Sir. I proudly list some of my main dealers such as Seyberts, Billiards Warehouse, Ozone, Schmelke Cues, and Pool Dawg, not to mention some "regional" folks, like Baltimore City cues, Nick Varner Cues, etc.

For a full list of dealers in your area, as well as for international folks, I have dealers in 10 or so countries now, go to my website:

wwww.russianmagicchalk.com

Though, I do sell here and Ebay, I'm going to stop at the end of the month. My son is off to college in a few months, and I'm NOT going to pack chalk when I get home from work. But I'll still do some FREE give aways now and then.

So, since the above folks and MORE do it so well, I'm going to let them do the selling and packing, and I'll just fade into the full time "middle man" role.

Oh, I'll go to some tourneys and such. I WILL be at the Expo next year with a booth, but not so much to sell, but to promote. I plan to retire in 5 years from my "day job", and hope to visit every pool room in the country, for marketing, but mainly for FUN :)

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You would be correct Sir. I proudly list some of my main dealers such as Seyberts, Billiards Warehouse, Ozone, Schmelke Cues, and Pool Dawg, not to mention some "regional" folks, like Baltimore City cues, Nick Varner Cues, etc.

For a full list of dealers in your area, as well as for international folks, I have dealers in 10 or so countries now, go to my website:

Though, I do sell here and Ebay, I'm going to stop at the end of the month. My son is off to college in a few months, and I'm NOT going to pack chalk when I get home from work. But I'll still do some FREE give aways now and then.

So, since the above folks and MORE do it so well, I'm going to let them do the selling and packing, and I'll just fade into the full time "middle man" role.

Oh, I'll go to some tourneys and such. I WILL be at the Expo next year with a booth, but not so much to sell, but to promote. I plan to retire in 5 years from my "day job", and hope to visit every pool room in the country, for marketing, but mainly for FUN :)

May I join you on some of your future excursions???:idea::idea::idea::idea::eek:k:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At the rate they have been closing that could be a day trip.