Cloth Price Question

1344fry

Registered
I noticed a significant price increase in cloth over the last 2 years. I was just wondering what other rooms are paying on the average for regular Simonis 860 for 9' tables?

I am not talking installed just the price of the cloth itself whether bought in bulk or not.

Am I getting a good deal? I was told I was getting a tremendous deal so I was just wondering what other were paying. TY.

Last edited:

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I noticed a significant price increase in cloth over the last 2 years. I was just wondering what other rooms are paying on the average for regular Simonis 860 for 9' tables?

I am not talking installed just the price of the cloth itself whether bought in bulk or not.

Am I getting a good deal? I was told I was getting a tremendous deal so I was just wondering what other were paying. TY.

We sell Simonis, I am sure our pricing is competitive. PM sent.

danutz

Banned
supposedly, the dealers are jacking up the price so they can sell lesser cloths where they have more profit margin. I dont know why simonis cant ship out of their own wharehouse to bring the prices down. They gotta be losing millions to lesser cloths because of these over inflated prices.

1344fry

Registered
I have gotten a few PM's that state most are paying $170 t0 $190. That is pretty high compared to the price I just paid of about $140. I guess I am getting a very good deal. But I would still like to hear from a few other room owners on the subject just to be sure. Thanks.

1344fry

Registered
supposedly, the dealers are jacking up the price so they can sell lesser cloths where they have more profit margin. I dont know why simonis cant ship out of their own wharehouse to bring the prices down. They gotta be losing millions to lesser cloths because of these over inflated prices.

Personally I don;t think the lesser cloths are that much better of a deal nor do they even compare to Simonis. They all try to be Simonis and compare themselves to it but I have so far seen no cloth that actually does. I think many of my customers know the difference and expect quality which is why I choose to use it.

1344fry

Registered
Oops, I did misquote the price as I was off by just a little bit. Below is the pricing we get:

"Simonis Cloth Discount = 6 weeks prior to your event you can purchase Simonis cloth directly from Simonis at a discounted price. 9’ Table, bed and rails for $146, 8’ Oversize $135, 8’ Standard $125, 7’ $102."

I get it through the Maxim Billiards Tour when I use it to recover my tables for a tournament + they give me 1 free regardless if I buy any or not but I did buy enough for all of my tables so for my 14 tables this actually brought my price down to about $135 per table. I also booked 2 events right around the time each year I need to recover my tables. As I understand it, these prices are available to any room owner that has one of there tour events. The guys name to contact is Mike and his phone # is 216-533-7665.

Last edited:

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I wasn't able to locate a price on your website.

You would not see the wholesale price on our site as we do not sell directly to the public so we would obviously not publish the wholesale on our site for the general public to see (which is why I sent you a PM)

FYI, the price you pay through the tour sponsorship that you mentioned in your last post is better than normal wholesale and is a great deal.

1344fry

Registered
You would not see the wholesale price on our site as we do not sell directly to the public so we would obviously not publish the wholesale on our site for the general public to see (which is why I sent you a PM)

FYI, the price you pay through the tour sponsorship that you mentioned in your last post is better than normal wholesale and is a great deal.

Thanks for the info Mr. Sinnott, I thought I was getting a very good deal on the cloth but I wasn't sure and thanks to you and a few others that PM'ed me I am now positive I got a great deal (that always feels good). I will contact you to get an account set up and hopefully we can do some business. I may also be going to the BCA Trade Show this year. Will you be there so we can meet and talk in person?

Last edited:

Slate Billiards

Silver Member
cloth price

That is a special rate for holding the tournament at your location. Please stick to PM for that info as those nubers do not need to be public.

Shane from Cue and case is a great guy and will treat you well. Have fun in Vegas at the show I hope to be there as well. Best deals of the year!!!

Mort

1344fry

Registered
That is a special rate for holding the tournament at your location. Please stick to PM for that info as those nubers do not need to be public.
Mort

Sorry but I didn't know it was a deal that only pool rooms could get from the Maxim Tour. Being fairly new and all I had my doubts about the pricing and I just thought I would ask. Now I know. But I still don't know why it should remain a secret. I mean honestly if someone can tell me how to get a discount on my electric bill each month at the pool room or other cost savings I sure would like to know. Every little bit helps. Knowledge is KING and sharing ot with fellow RO's seems like a good idea to me.

Last edited:

geno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can confirm that these prices are part of the Maxim Tour discount program from Simonis to room owners that host the events and promote our sport. These prices are only (as Slate Billiards) pointed out a discounted promotional rate for pool rooms that have our tournaments and these rates are not available for anyone else through any distributor and are only for rooms wishing to recover there tables for the event and not for resale purposes.

As an example, Mr Cues in Atlanta has about 40 tables and when they host a Maxim Tour event they save about $1,350.00 when recovering there tables and they usually recover all of there there tables 3 times a year for a total savings of over $4,000 which more than covers the cost of holding just 2 maxim tour events a year. I have also noticed a trend that room owners always seem to schedule and have events around the time they need to recover there tables, now we know why.

BTW, a BIG thank you to Simonis for supporting our sport and the room owners that continue to support the sport and the players by holding Maxim Tour events.

Room owners interested in getting this discount on Simonis Cloth + other FREE products when having tour events should call the Maxim Tour at 1-800-200-POOL. Also note that all rooms that host a Maxim Tour event get at least 1 FREE cloth per weekend event regardless if they purchase additional cloth at the discounted rate. The free cloth provided by the tour is Simonis 860 in any color and only in the size table that you play the events on.

The only other comment I have on this is that room owners that do not host Maxim Tour events that are interested interested in purchasing Simonis cloth should call there wholesale companies they currently working with to get there pricing and support Simonis cloth as they have always been an avid supporter of our sport and honestly, the Players prefer Simonis over any other brand.

Last edited:

Slate Billiards

Silver Member
Sorry but I didn't know it was a deal that only pool rooms could get from the Maxim Tour. Being fairly new and all I had my doubts about the pricing and I just thought I would ask. Now I know. But I still don't know why it should remain a secret. I mean honestly if someone can tell me how to get a discount on my electric bill each month at the pool room or other cost savings I sure would like to know. Every little bit helps. Knowledge is KING and sharing ot with fellow RO's seems like a good idea to me.

I totally agree with sharing information and ideas to save money. I am not in the electric business so telling you to how to save money in that respect does not affect Manny business owners or people on this billiard forum who make a living in this business we love. I think that the deal that Maxim tour is doing is great for rooms as many rooms actually loose revenue when hosting a weekend tournament. I just don't want to let the general public know our pricing as we can get the same deals as room owners and mechanics as the billiard retailers. This is a great additional source of revenue for a room by selling cloth, cues, cases, and such. I am all for helping just don't want to knock anyone in our industry.

On a separate note if you use Coke bag in box get national pricing through BCA and save $$$ on coke, CC fees, and shipping rates.

Best wishes,
Mort

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Thanks for the info Mr. Sinnott, I thought I was getting a very good deal on the cloth but I wasn't sure and thanks to you and a few others that PM'ed me I am now positive I got a great deal (that always feels good). I will contact you to get an account set up and hopefully we can do some business. I may also be going to the BCA Trade Show this year. Will you be there so we can meet and talk in person?

Yes, I will be at the show at the Cue and Case booth #304. Please stop by and introduce yourself to me.

Is it worth it for room owners to go to Vegas for the Trade Show? Are there any deals we can get there that we can not get through a distributor?

Thank you for the heads up on the cloth prices, we have been thinking about switching what we use and may do some more research on these prices.