Albuquerque's Louie Roybal has passed...

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Letting all Local Pool Players know that Albuquerque's legend Louie Roybal has passed away. Louie was in his 80's and was one of the best pool players Albuquerque has seen. He is well known for teaching people how to play pool and winning many tournaments. His biggest accomplishment and still talked about, is his defeat against "Minnesota Fat's" in 1973 and matches against "Cowboy" Jimmy Moore.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had to opportunity to learn and shoot pool with Louie. When I first started playing pool, he taught me how to properly execute follow and draw shots. He also showed me how to maximize throw on object balls. He also taught some finer points to improve my One Pocket game. Thanks Louie.....

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We Lost A Great One

I had the pleasure band honor of knowing and playing Louie several times. What a great person. I will always remember Louie as one of the nicest people I have ever met in the pool world. I know his family and loved ones will surely miss him. R.I.P. Louie Your friend, Robert Newkirk

nmpoolplr

Registered
We are hosting a memorial tournament for Louie the weekend of May 5th, with a calcutta on that Friday night. Would you like to come? Also, we are doing a memorial table, if you have any photos, or know of anyone else to invite. Please feel free to call me at 505-610-2707. Thank you so much!

Marissa Prada (Hallett)