Both International 9b Trophies Heading To CT

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
There's some very high level pool going on here in CT as evidenced by yesterday's results in the Int'l 9b event.

On the pro side, of course, Jayson Shaw took it down. He plays out of his wife's family's room, US1 Billiards in West Haven.

And the newly-crowned Juniors champion is Lucas Verner who plays out of Yale Billiards in Wallingford.

These rooms are about 15 miles from each other.

So this morning we have 2 Champions right here in CT. One by way of Glasgow. ;)

Big Congrats to both Jayson and Lucas on some mighty fine shooting. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just moved out of the state 2 years ago to Fl for tax and climate reasons- I know those 2 rooms and I know Jasons father in law - Joe- the Korean owner of US 1 Billiards- it is a shame that those are about the only two rooms still open until you get above Hartford for Mark's room, if it is still there as well.I remember in 1991 there were about 25 rooms in Fairfield and New Haven counties alone! All gone now! Of course the famous Chicago Billiards in West Haven featured in Danny Basavitch's auto biography .

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I just moved out of the state 2 years ago to Fl for tax and climate reasons- I know those 2 rooms and I know Jasons father in law - Joe- the Korean owner of US 1 Billiards- it is a shame that those are about the only two rooms still open until you get above Hartford for Mark's room, if it is still there as well.I remember in 1991 there were about 25 rooms in Fairfield and New Haven counties alone! All gone now! Of course the famous Chicago Billiards in West Haven featured in Danny Basavitch's auto biography .

Chicago Billiards was legendary!

Besides US1 and Yale we still have Towne Billiards in Hamden, Shooters in Southington, Gold Crown Billiards in New London and Fast Eddies in New Milford.

I'm also strongly considering putting CT in my rear view mirror over taxes and climate. Been looking hard at Florida.

You liking your decision?

best,
brian kc

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, glad I made the move. I am paying one quarter of the property taxes in Fairfield county CT for the same dollar value home here in Fl. Also, no state income tax on SS, pension, and investment income. I 75 here on the West Coast of Fl. is ten times less traffic than I95 in CT. No potholes in the roads either! It is rather hot here in Southwest florida from May to October, I am here year round, with frequent three week trips up North to visit family and friends in the summer months.Naples Fl. is rather expensive for Fl-but it offers a lot in terms of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment if you seek that. Without any state income tax, The county park system and the road maintenance here in Collier County Fl. is world class- with very low taxes! The billiard scene is fairly quiet here in SW Florida- the east coast has more true billiard halls. There are a lot of combo bar/pool places on this side with a mixture of 9ft. and 7 ft. tables. Most pool is completely free during the day- or just a one drink minimum- I just tip the waitresses and don't drink when I play at all. Glad I made the move I'll take one hurricane every 10 years in SW Florida over 10 years of winter!