Cue Renderings Opinions

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was curious what the opinions are of me posting renderings in the cue gallery. I know they're not actual cues so I'm a bit hesitant to post my designs but the 2 I posted were well received. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=486876

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453141
To be honest they're both way too "busy" for me. Too much going on in one cue. Some of your ideas look cool but not all in one cue. My $.02, nothing more.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be able to produce that design electronically is a great skill to possess.
As a collector of sorts and having designed several of my customs, I wish
I had been able to do what you've done. All my renditions are detailed hand
sketches that do not comes across like what you've posted.

As far as the actual designs, you are trying to produce something elegant and
I'm sure there are going to be some admirers. However, just keep in mind
that folks that may not care for it are likely more inclined to just not post rather
than express any criticism or even total indifference.

If you like what you design, that is all that matters. What others think or feel is
totally meaningless unless you were looking to get enouragement from others
about what you came up with. Personally, I think the first design is .................

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I think it's very interesting and the quality of the renderings is first class.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really impressive renderings! I am assuming you are looking for feedback more about your drawings as computer art, than about the specific cue designs themselves.

As I read what you posted, you are offering a digital rendering service -- so I or someone else (including cue makers) could provide you with simple sketches and wood spec's and you could from their create an accurate rendering. I think that is very cool!! I would think there are MANY of us who have dreamed about designing our own cues, but have never followed through. I love the idea; thank you for sharing!!