Cuestock photos and reports???

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I'd like to see some photos or reports for Cuestock. I know there were some AZ'rs there and I'm curious about the event.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Great time was had by all.

it was an amazing event...lots of talk about the proposed ivory ban...a great bon fire were cuemakers auctioned off cues that were mistakes and then put in the fire by the buyer....talks about the future of cues going forward if ivory is put on the ban list...how to take cues to the "next level"..meaning were do cuemakers go if such woods and materials are no longer being able to be used...such as ebony,rosewood and ivory..lots of brain storming by all that attended....how to get more recognition for cues as an art...allowing the mainstream art collectors to view cues as art much like paintings..the basic need to grow pool and cues to the younger players and non players...there was so much and i am not much of a writer or story teller..... but for all who missed out or didnt show up... you missed a great time and amazing stories and some awesome cue...A GREAT THANKS TO PAUL DREXLER AND RICHARD BLACK FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT EVENT... and for all who showed up and made this event such a great time for a texas boy.....ps thanks little ninja for keeping every thing running smooth behind the scenes...... :grin: ps i didnt take one picture but i have memories that will last a lifetime...

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
heres a few from my phone. I'm sure some real ones will b up soon. A couple of real photographers were present an took lots of pics. There will also be posters and calendars available for purchase

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Cuestock

Just got home. What a great time. Richards estate is amazing.
Pretty hard not to relax when you're sitting by the lake with a bon, or should I say
cue fire going. I'm sure there will be much better pictures, but here is some cell phone snaps.

Attachments

• cuestock 1.jpg
    cuestock 1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,616
  • cuestock 2.jpg
    cuestock 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,760

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
Just got home. What a great time. Richards estate is amazing.
Pretty hard not to relax when you're sitting by the lake with a bon, or should I say
cue fire going. I'm sure there will be much better pictures, but here is some cell phone snaps.

steve and jake thanks for the pics.....i think my favorite pic so far is of the guy with newsboy cap on.....;):thumbup:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope you guys didn't get drunk and pitch in any Meuccis....your days may be somewhat numbered breathing those fumes. :)

tattoo

Silver Member
I hope you guys didn't get drunk and pitch in any Meuccis....your days may be somewhat numbered breathing those fumes. :)

all the cues pitched into the fire were from the cuemakers who displayed....richard black,thomas wayne,paul drexler,jake hulsey,russ espiruti,steve klein,andy gilbert,jim staduim samsara cues, and larry vargus.....for give me if i forgot one....but i think that was it....great to here the stories of what happend to the cue causing the mistake.... but the best story for me was given by thomas wayne and the first cue he made in alaska...THOMAS WAYNE DOES HAVE A SENSATIVE SIDE....and it was great meeting all the cuemakers i hadnt meet....

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
all the cues pitched into the fire were from the cuemakers who displayed....richard black,thomas wayne,paul drexler,jake hulsey,russ espiruti,steve klein,andy gilbert,jim staduim samsara cues, and larry vargus.....for give me if i forgot one....but i think that was it....great to here the stories of what happend to the cue causing the mistake.... but the best story for me was given by thomas wayne and the first cue he made in alaska...THOMAS WAYNE DOES HAVE A SENSATIVE SIDE....and it was great meeting all the cuemakers i hadnt meet....

& Jon Bender

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
+ Josh Treadway, but he's quiet.
Here's a pic of the evening entertainment. You can tell by the great shot
of the back of Jake and his wife that I did a lot of thinking before taking this shot.

Attachments

• cuestock 3.jpg
    cuestock 3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,570

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member

HallieQ2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuestock

First off I would like to thank Mr. Black,Thomas Wayne and Paul Drexler for putting on this once in a life time event it is something I will never forget. To have some of the best cue builders and collecters in the world all in one place at one time, The stories and challanges of the past and present and on issues that were discussed. Just all the tallent was amazing if you have never seen the work of Sandra Brady you need too, I would also like to thank Bill Grassley for the info on some cues that I have ,also to Larry Vigus for some insite on a few things about finishes. Once again Thanks to everyone that made this one hell of a weekend.

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all who were involved with this event. Special thanks to Richard and Ardis Black for hosting the event. Here are a few really bad pics of Bender and Gilbert displays. If any one would like to photoshop the pics and redisplay them I will be happy to send the pics via email.
Thanks
BT

bender.jpg

cuestock gilbert 2.jpg

Attachments

• cuestock eco cue.jpg
    cuestock eco cue.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,378
Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Come on guys, who were the photographers? We need more photos...I wanna see more cues pleaseeeeee???

tattoo

Silver Member
There will be a calendar produced...maybe just for attenndes not sure...but there was a professional photographer there the whole weekend .....

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Cuestock

Last I heard, the professional photographer had come down with a nasty bug.
Hopefully he will be up and running shortly and we can get some more photo's.
I have heard calendar or poster or both. Definitely not just for attendees. This was
an effort to promote cues and the pool industry. Several of the discussions were about getting younger players involved.