CF blank foam
Old
  (#1)
tomatoetom
AzB Silver Member
tomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

CF blank foam - 02-16-2020, 02:17 PM

Any pointers on putting foam in a cf blank

Foam
Old
  (#2)
Mcues
AzB Silver Member
Mcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Foam - 02-16-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoetom View Post
Any pointers on putting foam in a cf blank
Block the small end of the carbon fiber blank, attach a longer tubing to the foam sprayer can and press and release valve in spurts; watch as the foam expands and works its way up,
clean excess, allow to dry.

Mario

The trouble with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
Mcues3@aol.com

Mcues:

https://www.facebook.com/Mcues-11355...dmin_todo_tour

Old
  (#3)
tomatoetom
AzB Silver Member
tomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond reputetomatoetom has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2020, 10:32 PM

Thank you . What kind of foam do you use

Old
  (#4)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member
EL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2020, 09:39 AM

Interesting, what foam would be good for that? Thanks!

Old
  (#5)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

03-14-2020, 05:08 PM

Why do you want foam in the cue shaft?
Neil

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#6)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member
EL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond reputeEL Picos has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2020, 05:13 PM

I'm looking this thread because I will have to fill 2 chinese C.F. shafts to add some weight, shaft are around 80 grams and it's too light...

Old
  (#7)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member

03-14-2020, 05:34 PM

Wich product would be a bit heavier than insulation foam, not easy to find!

Old
  (#8)
billy-ks
AzB Silver Member
billy-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond reputebilly-ks has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 08:43 AM

Do a search on liquid foams. What I have found is they run in different densities. Lighter to heavier

Old
  (#9)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member

03-18-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy-ks View Post
Do a search on liquid foams. What I have found is they run in different densities. Lighter to heavier
Yes, Thank You Very Much Billy, I found somethings really interesting on US Composites site, I will make some experiments with these products for sure!

Old
  (#10)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Picos View Post
I'm looking this thread because I will have to fill 2 chinese C.F. shafts to add some weight, shaft are around 80 grams and it's too light...
If your only concern is the weight and the blank itself weighs 80 gramms then you're good just to add let's say phenolic insert, if you will need to add also a female brass insert count it too. The question what is your desired weight...
If your goal is something like 100-110 gramms then it's a simple task...
The first blank I've received from one supplier weighed only 50 gramms and that was too light...in addition my major concern how to fill in the blank was... I don't want my shaft having that hollow feeling when hit the cb...because then I'll better stick with my maple shafts.
The truth is one has to use his mind, logic and some knowledge to achieve the result he's looking for and after that of course experiment, experiment and experiment. That is where the most interesting part begins. Pretty much nothing new.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#11)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member

03-18-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
If your only concern is the weight and the blank itself weighs 80 gramms then you're good just to add let's say phenolic insert, if you will need to add also a female brass insert count it too. The question what is your desired weight...
If your goal is something like 100-110 gramms then it's a simple task...
The first blank I've received from one supplier weighed only 50 gramms and that was too light...in addition my major concern how to fill in the blank was... I don't want my shaft having that hollow feeling when hit the cb...because then I'll better stick with my maple shafts.
The truth is one has to use his mind, logic and some knowledge to achieve the result he's looking for and after that of course experiment, experiment and experiment. That is where the most interesting part begins. Pretty much nothing new.
With the different density foam all will be good, it will put the weight uniformly on all shaft lenght. By the way did you find good blank quality?

Old
  (#12)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Picos View Post
With the different density foam all will be good, it will put the weight uniformly on all shaft lenght. By the way did you find good blank quality?
I've already made a hint in the other thread about one of the possibilities to fill it using those...
I have a few blanks on order and waiting till they are available. The delay is due to the current situation. I've got some good expectations on their quality but as I said the most interesting part is practical experiments when completing the project, quality of other materials used and the work itself.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#13)
EL Picos
AzB Silver Member

03-18-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
I've already made a hint in the other thread about one of the possibilities to fill it using those...
I have a few blanks on order and waiting till they are available. The delay is due to the current situation. I've got some good expectations on their quality but as I said the most interesting part is practical experiments when completing the project, quality of other materials used and the work itself.
I ordered 2 sample blanks from what I think is a good Cie, one 12.4mm X .95mm wall and one 12.8mm X 1.2mm wall, 30 inch long and 15 inch pro taper. If I order 30 custom dimensions I can choose any CF fabric under layers, finition layer, it is interesting, I'm looking in this way.

Old
  (#14)
tomatoetom
AzB Silver Member

03-30-2020, 02:46 PM

Did any one figure out what kind of foam.I tried great stuff for windows and doors but would not cure inside.I ran a small rod through it and it came sticky.

Old
  (#15)
rhinobywilhite
AzB Silver Member
rhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoetom View Post
Did any one figure out what kind of foam.I tried great stuff for windows and doors but would not cure inside.I ran a small rod through it and it came sticky.
Curious as to how long you waited before inserting the rod?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: