Score Beads for 14-1

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
I have a lot of straight pool players in my room and would like to hang up some score beads for them to use, anyone have any easy ways or proven ways to hang them with out going between the chains on the lights ?
Pictures would help to.

thanks
mickey at d&d family billiards
aka the houseman

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to relook at your room, but

highrun55 said:
I have a lot of straight pool players in my room and would like to hang up some score beads for them to use, anyone have any easy ways or proven ways to hang them with out going between the chains on the lights ?
Pictures would help to.

thanks
aka the houseman

It appears your camera is not working. Can you confirm?

highrun55

Silver Member
score beads

nfty9er said:
It appears your camera is not working. Can you confirm?

camera was off so i could do some work, it eats my bandwith like crazy.
try now

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its up

highrun55 said:
camera was off so i could do some work, it eats my bandwith like crazy.
try now
What does that mean, eats your bandwith. I am planning on putting in 2 cameras pretty quick and do not understand that. I called my host for my website but got no answer yet about how much bandwith I have and I guess you increase it for a cost to accomdate streaming. I notice your camera has a lot of hesitation so it is hard to watch a lot of shots flowing. In otherwords a guy will shoot and next thing he is standing up going to next shot. Are you streaming at 30 fp? As soon as I find decent network cameras I will be installing.
Regarding your peas, don't those tables have counters. cant quite see but looks like they do Plus I cannot see how wide your room is and if it is practical to string wire from wall to wall across front of tables. Otherwise between the chains seem to be alright if the counters at least can hold 50 on each side. The least I wouuld recommend.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
highrun55 said:
Pictures would help to.

thanks
aka the houseman

Hello Mickey, this is how I hung scoring beads in my pool room.

2.jpg

3.jpg

use it.jpg

4.jpg

The width of my room is 55ft and the cable that the beads are hung on spans the entire room. In the photo's I have tried to show the small aluminum tensioner I used to tighten the cable.

I used one in the center of the spannd and one on each end of the spannd, by doing this the tightness is distributed and very easy to control to your liking.

I hope this helps!!!

Have a great day!!!!!

Manwon

Last edited:

highrun55

Silver Member
bandwith

nfty9er said:
What does that mean, eats your bandwith. I am planning on putting in 2 cameras pretty quick and do not understand that. I called my host for my website but got no answer yet about how much bandwith I have and I guess you increase it for a cost to accomdate streaming. I notice your camera has a lot of hesitation so it is hard to watch a lot of shots flowing. In otherwords a guy will shoot and next thing he is standing up going to next shot. Are you streaming at 30 fp? As soon as I find decent network cameras I will be installing.
Regarding your peas, don't those tables have counters. cant quite see but looks like they do Plus I cannot see how wide your room is and if it is practical to string wire from wall to wall across front of tables. Otherwise between the chains seem to be alright if the counters at least can hold 50 on each side. The least I wouuld recommend.

I have comcast cable and get 6000 as my speed,
when a few people are viewing the web cam each one uses a lot of my allotment and slows my internet surfing down so much.

my camera is run at 15 fps and thats why its choppy when a lot are viewing at one time.
i do plan on a better camera one of these days soon.

highrun55

Silver Member
cable for beads

manwon said:
Hello Mickey, this is how I hung scoring beads in my pool room.

View attachment 33175

View attachment 33176

View attachment 33177

View attachment 33178

The width of my room is 55ft and the cable that the beads are hung on spans the entire room. In the photo's I have tried to show the small aluminum tensioner I used to tighten the cable.

I used one in the center of the spanned and one on each end of the spend, by doing this the tightness is distributed and very easy to control to your liking.

I hope this helps!!!

Have a great day!!!!!

Manwon

Nice job, I saw that in another room somewhere, good idea.

I want everyone in the room to see them as I have a invitational 14-1 here every year, plus spectators are always asking whats the score.

thank you
highrun55