robots - what next?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Whats the issue? That electronic digi cue is a big seller looks like so this is a natural progression

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
There's actually video from korea as 3c is massive there of them lagging with am actual robot and it gets dialed in and leaves the ball frozen to thw rail within a couple shots on the 10fter

Ill post it here if i comw across it again

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Light years away from a robot that can play one-pocket.
...or one that can kick like Efren.

Ever try to explain to someone how to draw the ball?...it's tough to explain.
...and then they're probably playing with a dead-ass cue.....
...this thing might need a SzamBOTi.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Soon, Very Soon

Light years away from a robot that can play one-pocket.
...or one that can kick like Efren.

Ever try to explain to someone how to draw the ball?...it's tough to explain.
...and then they're probably playing with a dead-ass cue.....
...this thing might need a SzamBOTi.

"Deep Green" Programmed Correctly by a Panel of Players Might Be Able to Do It.
https://youtu.be/AENJxqR0g48

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
"Deep Green" Programmed Correctly by a Panel of Players Might Be Able to Do It.
https://youtu.be/AENJxqR0g48

Long way to go....but they brought something new to nine-ball...an eleven-ball...;)
...lotta reprogramming involved if the take a robot from Nevada to the Gulf Coast...
...and then there's new cloth vs broken in or worn out cloth, balls becoming worn....etc.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Be good to get the kids into pool and off the couch away from there video games. If they could perfect one that you can set from beginner to SVB...it would be big, if it could be priced right. Johnnyt

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Long way to go....but they brought something new to nine-ball...an eleven-ball...;)
...lotta reprogramming involved if the take a robot from Nevada to the Gulf Coast...
...and then there's new cloth vs broken in or worn out cloth, balls becoming worn....etc.

Exactly.
I guess you can write an algorithm for just about anything, and have a machine to measure every possible parameter, but how do give it feel??? In a controlled environment, I guess it could be done, possibly not in real world scenario like a pool hall.
Although, they are fixing to transplant a human head, here in the next few months :thumbup:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Exactly.
I guess you can write an algorithm for just about anything, and have a machine to measure every possible parameter, but how do give it feel??? In a controlled environment, I guess it could be done, possibly not in real world scenario like a pool hall.
Although, they are fixing to transplant a human head, here in the next few months :thumbup:

It Could Read the Humidity and Based on Testing If a Table Plays Long or Short, Past Experience Knowledge and Present Play Reactions Adjust It's Playing.