Shout out to Ned Morris

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he is on here but I had the pleasure of visiting Ned's house last weekend, he's a good guy who makes a great cue.

When I got back into pool after 14 years I decided to retire my old Huebler and get a new cue. I wasn't sure what I wanted so I purchased 4 or 5 cues and once I picked up the Morris I was done. The cue hits amazing and it has replaced my Huebler as my daily banger. When I bought it I contacted Ned on FB about the cue's construction, an extra shaft, etc. Fast forward a year and the cue developed a rattle (it may have been "dropped" on "accident" on my table once or twice. I called Ned and we spoke about it and determined it was probably an air pocket behind the pin and a piece of glue popped loose. He told me to ship it down there and he'll take a look. Turns out, he lives between LA and La Quinta which is where I was going on vacation. He said ship it and stop by, we'll take a look at it.

So I shipped it and I arrived at his house a few days later. He already had the pin out and was cleaning out the old glue. He's now putting it back together and installing one of his milk-dud tips before shipping it back.

Overall I spent about 2 hours in his shop and we talked about the old days of pool, his history of getting into cue building, and life in general. He showed me a couple of neat cues he owns, some of his proprietary methods for doing things, and we spoke about cue building in general. Had a great time and I wish I had another day.

I will definitely be making it down there again.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ned built my cue and is a hell of a guy who does great work, has excellent communication and delivers what's promised. I'm jealous that you got to meet him as we've only spoken by phone. I hope to visit him someday or run into him at a tourney.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A very under rated and rarely mentioned top flight cue maker. I LOVE his cues! He made me one maybe 15 years ago and it's in my NFS section of cues.