Where can you buy carom table spots?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for the small white ones I see on tables during matches.
Thanks

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
They are drawn on the cloth

An actual sticker on the cloth would make a huge impact in path if the ball were rolling over it slowly, it would veer off like you flicked it with your finger

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see online matches and the white circles on cloth look good. We used black sharpie and it's fine. I'd like to get them to look like the TV matches when I recloth.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
its a tailors chalk thats used, can find it on ebay cheap enough

its what i use also to mark the table corners for freegame and the balklines for, balkline lol

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
its a tailors chalk thats used, can find it on ebay cheap enough

its what i use also to mark the table corners for freegame and the balklines for, balkline lol
You can get it in several forms. The kind I like is a mechanical pencil, but you can also get what looks like a regular pencil. Here is the mechanic pencil style that you can get at JoAnn's (a craft and fabric store chain) or on-line. It makes a very fine line.

Carom referees and instructors also use a chalk pencil to mark the balls while cleaning or to repeat a position.

CropperCapture[187].png

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... An actual sticker on the cloth would make a huge impact in path if the ball were rolling over it slowly, it would veer off like you flicked it with your finger
I'm not sure about the current situation, but at one time the official rules of carom specifically forbid the use of stick-on spots.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I'm not sure about the current situation, but at one time the official rules of carom specifically forbid the use of stick-on spots.

i can sure understand why, it can kill your inning!

You can get it in several forms. The kind I like is a mechanical pencil, but you can also get what looks like a regular pencil. Here is the mechanic pencil style that you can get at JoAnn's (a craft and fabric store chain) or on-line. It makes a very fine line.

Carom referees and instructors also use a chalk pencil to mark the balls while cleaning or to repeat a position.

View attachment 502947

I might try that one, the kind i have now is pretty hard to clean out of the cloth,