Anniversary

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting close to staining the wood on my Anniversary and it occurred to me that I will soon need to figure out a formula for the off white paint in the grooves, especially if I'm going to put it under my clear coat.
Anyone have any helpful hints for me on the application, color, under vs over the clear coat placement of the paint? Anything you would have done differently if you were to do it again? Thanks, Steve

I'm getting close to staining the wood on my Anniversary and it occurred to me that I will soon need to figure out a formula for the off white paint in the grooves, especially if I'm going to put it under my clear coat.
Anyone have any helpful hints for me on the application, color, under vs over the clear coat placement of the paint? Anything you would have done differently if you were to do it again? Thanks, Steve

I used a pin strip tool and then polyester clear over.
Mark Gregory

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 386

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks fantastic Mark, I would expect nothing less from you. I've seen the pin striping tool. Polyester is a bit beyond my skill level and set up so I will most likely go with Polyurethane-time will tell.

While I'm at it, thanks for giving me some info about a year ago over the phone while I was hunting for a table. Not that you will remember but I am from SoCal and you had mentioned that you were originally from Anaheim. Anyway, I have not got to the rails yet and they may make it out to you at some point.
Thanks again, Steve

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark,

Great job on the Anniversary aprons...

The stain color, off white pin striping and finish look stunning, can you share information on the products, color, mfg etc.

Regards,

Joe