Help with opinions about cue? Inlays or Overlays?

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look, I do not know the OP but do know he is a person.
Why would anyone click on this guys questions, knowing full well , all there going to do is insult and belittle him.
Why even click on any of his threads? Just move on if you find his questions so annoying.
I personally don't find his questions upsetting in the least.
Nobody forces us to read anything on this site including what I'm writing. I just can't grasp insults and intolerance to a faceless name that loves the same game as the rest of us do.

Last edited:
Look, I do not know the OP but do know he is a person.
Why would anyone click on this guys questions, knowing full well , all there going to do is insult and belittle him.
Why even click on any of his threads? Just move on if you find his questions so annoying.
I personally don't find his questions upsetting in the least.
Nobody forces us to read anything on this site including what I'm writing. I just can't grasp insults and intolerance to a faceless name that loves the same game as the rest of us do.

Yeah, that is exactly what I have always been wondering. They click on my threads, knowing full well that they are going to be annoyed with my questions, or knowing that they do not like me for other reasons, and just click on my threads knowing full well that their intention is to insult and belittle me. I always wondered why they click and reply to my threads in the 1st place. If I am nothing but a troll, then I imagine the best thing to do would be to ignore my threads. The longer the thread gets ignored, the faster it will become out of sight, and onto the next pages. You are probably the 1st person in a very long time (maybe ever) that has stuck up for me, and that may just be because you do not know me or my history on here. I thank you anyways, for sticking up for me. I have no friends here, that care to back me up. Not even the admins care. In fact, I have been threatened (by an admit) to be banned in the past for reporting someone insulting me on the thread.

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that is exactly what I have always been wondering. They click on my threads, knowing full well that they are going to be annoyed with my questions, or knowing that they do not like me for other reasons, and just click on my threads knowing full well that their intention is to insult and belittle me. I always wondered why they click and reply to my threads in the 1st place. If I am nothing but a troll, then I imagine the best thing to do would be to ignore my threads. The longer the thread gets ignored, the faster it will become out of sight, and onto the next pages. You are probably the 1st person in a very long time (maybe ever) that has stuck up for me, and that may just be because you do not know me or my history on here. I thank you anyways, for sticking up for me. I have no friends here, that care to back me up. Not even the admins care. In fact, I have been threatened (by an admit) to be banned in the past for reporting someone insulting me on the thread.

Quick qustion... i am a looong time lurker, joined recently, post infrequently [cuz i rarely have any thing valuable to contribute...being a newb and all],

But didn't you a few years ago ask for a cheap, but good playing cue (just like this post), and some member gave you a killer deal on a custom with the caveat that you "pay it forward" to the next guy in need.

Didnt you agree to "pay it forward" initially, but then end up selling that same cue for a profit? If i am mistaken, i apologize for my ignorance.

If you are the same poster that i am talking about, did you indeed "pay it forward " publicly to a fellow forum member? If you did, and I missed it, again i apologize for my ignorance.

If you are that guy, and never "paid it forward " , do you really not understand why people view your many "what about this cue " threads with a little skepticism.

I see you routinely getting slaughtered when you post cue threads ...is there a reason why, or do i have the wrong justin?

No malicious intent, seriously wanting to know....

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Quick qustion... i am a looong time lurker, joined recently, post infrequently [cuz i rarely have any thing valuable to contribute...being a newb and all],

But didn't you a few years ago ask for a cheap, but good playing cue (just like this post), and some member gave you a killer deal on a custom with the caveat that you "pay it forward" to the next guy in need.

Didnt you agree to "pay it forward" initially, but then end up selling that same cue for a profit? If i am mistaken, i apologize for my ignorance.

If you are the same poster that i am talking about, did you indeed "pay it forward " publicly to a fellow forum member? If you did, and I missed it, again i apologize for my ignorance.

If you are that guy, and never "paid it forward " , do you really not understand why people view your many "what about this cue " threads with a little skepticism.

I see you routinely getting slaughtered when you post cue threads ...is there a reason why, or do i have the wrong justin?

Yes he is that guy.

Yes, an AZ member sold me a Helmststter for $50, and I resold it a few months later for $150. I do not think it is anyones business, but I sold it because I was in desperate need of the money to pay a utility bill, and that was the only item I had of value to sell. I did feel really bad for selling it, but I had to do it. I also wrote a long apology to the AZ member who sold me the cue, but I guess that was worthless, and meaningless (to him, and he probably hates me for doing it). It has been around 4 years since that deal, and people just keep bringing it back up every now and then. I am so tired of having to explain myself over and over again. Thanks a lot for bringing it up again. Did I promise to hold on to the cue forever, and never resell it? No, I did not. Have I payed it forward yet? I guess the answer is no, but I will say that many AZ members have received some amazing deals on cues from me, for next to nothing over the years since then. Does that count? I guess not, but I bet they made a killing of a profit when reselling the cues that I sold them. I have lost a lot more money on cues then I have ever gained. If I do ever get my life together, then I will pay it forward (in a bigger way then I have been able to over the years), but does it need to be public? Does everything have to be public? Is the only way a person can feel good about themselves for doing something nice for someone else is to post their generosity on a public forum? I do not know what else to say. I am sorry that I ever accepted anyones hand out though. It just made me feel like a bum. I honestly do not like receiving charity, from anyone. Thanks for making me feel like shit all over again, by bringing up something that happened many years ago.

Last edited:
Yes he is that guy.

You guys act as if you are saints. Like you have never done anything bad in your lives. How would you feel if someone posted on here all of the bad secrets that you have from your past? How would that make you feel? Have you ever takes some poor guys money on the pool table, or taken their cue, because they did not have the cash to pay you? Or purchased a cue for a 10th of its value from a poor guy that was desperate for cash at the pool hall, with full intention of reselling it for a large profit? Hypocrites.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Silver Member
You guys act as if you are saints. Like you have never done anything bad in your lives. How would you feel if someone posted on here all of the bad secrets that you have from your past? How would that make you feel? Have you ever takes some poor guys money on the pool table, or taken their cue, because they did not have the cash to pay you? Or purchased a cue for a 10th of its value from a poor guy that was desperate for cash at the pool hall, with full intention of reselling it for a large profit? Hypocrites.

I've never flipped a cue in my life ever. You try to do it on every cue you buy. Then you make several threads trolling about cues that you already know are shit. You try to find a bargain here, eBay, pawn shops to flip in 2-4 weeks after you come here & create another thread about how you found the perfect cue for yourself for a bargain. It's the same routine over & over. People have tried many times to give you quality & sound advice here & you throw it to the wind. They have had enough already.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, an AZ member sold me a Helmststter for $50, and I resold it a few months later for $150. I do not think it is anyones business, but I sold it because I was in desperate need of the money to pay a utility bill, and that was the only item I had of value to sell. I did feel really bad for selling it, but I had to do it. I also wrote a long apology to the AZ member who sold me the cue, but I guess that was worthless, and meaningless (to him, and he probably hates me for doing it). It has been around 4 years since that deal, and people just keep bringing it back up every now and then. I am so tired of having to explain myself over and over again. Thanks a lot for bringing it up again. Did I promise to hold on to the cue forever, and never resell it? No, I did not. Have I payed it forward yet? I guess the answer is no, but I will say that many AZ members have received some amazing deals on cues from me, for next to nothing over the years since then. Does that count? I guess not, but I bet they made a killing of a profit when reselling the cues that I sold them. I have lost a lot more money on cues then I have ever gained. If I do ever get my life together, then I will pay it forward (in a bigger way then I have been able to over the years), but does it need to be public? Does everything have to be public? Is the only way a person can feel good about themselves for doing something nice for someone else is to post their generosity on a public forum? I do not know what else to say. I am sorry that I ever accepted anyones hand out though. It just made me feel like a bum. I honestly do not like receiving charity, from anyone. Thanks for making me feel like shit all over again, by bringing up something that happened many years ago.

I do apologize, sincerely, if my post brought up hard feelings. It just seems you get hammered on every cue thread you post.

You could be the most generous, giving person in the pool world, but if you have not made right on a wrong you did on this public forum, it don't seem you ate going to catch much of a break.

I don't know you, have never responded to a post of yours, but everytime a "justin" post pops up about a cue...well it's like "dude, why do you keep coming and asking for more abuse?"

Maybe don't post asking for cue advice until you've made it right in these guys eyes? That's the route i would take, but then again i would stop playing pool, sell all my $h_t, until i fully repaid my debts...but that's just me, obviously ymmv.

Good luck to you in your cue quest. I truly did not intend disrespect. Just wanted give a "noobs" perspective on why it seems all your threads ends up the same. God bless

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never flipped a cue in my life ever. You try to do it on every cue you buy. Then you make several threads trolling about cues that you already know are shit. You try to find a bargain here, eBay, pawn shops to flip in 2-4 weeks after you come here & create another thread about how you found the perfect cue for yourself for a bargain. It's the same routine over & over. People have tried many times to give you quality & sound advice here & you throw it to the wind. They have had enough already.
BAM!! He shoots and scores!!!! Great response.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

The definition of "stupid" is: To keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time. ;)

Just sayin'.

So, as some have asked.....why DO you keep opening his threads? Why not just skip over them and save your typing fingers for posts on other threads that have substance?

As for me, I'll play along with the OP. I've got nothing but time on my hands. I mean, I guess I could hang out in the latest "best chalk?" or "best cue for the money?" threads and yawn myself to death. :boring2:

Maniac

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
What exactly are you looking for in a cue?

How much is your budget?

Are you coming to the Expo?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Go to USER CP
Then in left hand column look for SETTINGS & OPTIONS
Then click Edit Ignore List
Then type in the persons name who you wish not to see posts from, it works fabulously.
My first and only for the longest time was Ron Swanson, dont know if he left, got banned, or picked up a new username but it almost seems like he disappeared. Then my list got just slightly longer, still very short because most of you seem like decent and rational folks.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

Bill Clinton got blown by his intern over 20 years ago. He still gets reminded of it.

Epic fails in the public eye tend to stay with people.

Oh, and I've never screwed someone over for any amount of money. Let alone making $100 on an act of kindness from a stranger. If you were that hard up for $100, you probably could have done some work somewhere for a weekend, and pocketed $100. Based on your cue flipping history, I don't think you flip because you need the money. You just bought a warped Joss, and a bunch of tomato stake shafts from eBay. I think you're a "budget" cue investor looking to score small on cue flips.

Words reflect the person you want to be. Actions reflect the person you are. If someone had given me a cue, and I had a utility bill I had to pay, and was short on, I would have found another way to get the money. Or would have called the utility company, and explained my situation. They're usually pretty understanding when hard times come along. That is, unless you're a chronic defaulter on your payments. And if you are a chronic defaulter, perhaps your focus shouldn't be hanging out on a pool forum, or eBay, admiring and purchasing things you can't afford.

Here's my last piece of advice to you, Justin. Start living within your means. Go buy a Players sneaky pete. You can grab them on eBay for about $75, shipped. They will play great, and come with a lifetime warranty. Save some money. Stop buying cues until you own transportation. Life is the priority. Pool is a pastime. I firmly believe in the expression "the Lord helps those who help themselves", and "you reap what you sow".

Please....grow up.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Bill Clinton got blown by his intern over 20 years ago. He still gets reminded of it.

Epic fails in the public eye tend to stay with people.

Oh, and I've never screwed someone over for any amount of money. Let alone making $100 on an act of kindness from a stranger. If you were that hard up for $100, you probably could have done some work somewhere for a weekend, and pocketed $100. Based on your cue flipping history, I don't think you flip because you need the money. You just bought a warped Joss, and a bunch of tomato stake shafts from eBay. I think you're a "budget" cue investor looking to score small on cue flips.

Words reflect the person you want to be. Actions reflect the person you are. If someone had given me a cue, and I had a utility bill I had to pay, and was short on, I would have found another way to get the money. Or would have called the utility company, and explained my situation. They're usually pretty understanding when hard times come along. That is, unless you're a chronic defaulter on your payments. And if you are a chronic defaulter, perhaps your focus shouldn't be hanging out on a pool forum, or eBay, admiring and purchasing things you can't afford.

Here's my last piece of advice to you, Justin. Start living within your means. Go buy a Players sneaky pete. You can grab them on eBay for about $75, shipped. They will play great, and come with a lifetime warranty. Save some money. Stop buying cues until you own transportation. Life is the priority. Pool is a pastime. I firmly believe in the expression "the Lord helps those who help themselves", and "you reap what you sow".

Please....grow up.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Fantastic and insightful reply, all without insulting, well done Mr. Armstrong

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My question is not how to "Ignore" Justin, but rather how to "Follow" Justin. I leave for about a week and then notice I completely missed an absolutely "maavalus" thread like this with half a dozen senior AzB'ers tripping over Justin's well-placed IUD's and live grenades.

I love this stuff. How is it possible to possibly spend all your possible time possibly following possible threads like this!!!

This is possibly the best possible way to possibly spend any time you can possibly spare!

That is all I have to say. I love you, Justin!!! Possibly you're a genius, if that's possible!

Just like reading the National Enquirer or hanging dry sheets on the laundry line so you can hear local gossip, hey??????

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was honestly not trying to be a troll. How can a person be both a troll and a moron at the same time? I would think that a moron would not be smart enough to know that he was being a troll. So, yeah, I may be a moron, but I am not a troll.

No shamrock = no NcDermott = no buy... Not my cup of tea, but even McDermott doesn't make anything that weirdly designed. That said, everyone and their mother making cues have access to CNC for reasonable costs, so just because it's inexpensive doesn't mean the inlays are fake. And just because they're real inlays means they're real "good looking" inlays. Though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to the beholder of that cue, poor guy...

gregnice37

Silver Member
The definition of "stupid" is: To keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time. ;)

Just sayin'.

So, as some have asked.....why DO you keep opening his threads? Why not just skip over them and save your typing fingers for posts on other threads that have substance?

As for me, I'll play along with the OP. I've got nothing but time on my hands. I mean, I guess I could hang out in the latest "best chalk?" or "best cue for the money?" threads and yawn myself to death. :boring2:

Maniac

To be honest, I'm out on disability with my back issues again so I too have a shit ton of time & boredom as well. So I look & read almost everything. I just can't sit back & watch people give him sympathy any longer. If Justin made a thread about something reasonable I'd be glad to help.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I'm out on disability with my back issues again so I too have a shit ton of time & boredom as well. So I look & read almost everything. I just can't sit back & watch people give him sympathy any longer. If Justin made a thread about something reasonable I'd be glad to help.
Same here. Hip trouble. I read his posts mostly for the mindless entertainment value but his trolling is so brutal that sometimes you just have tee off.