finding older Scruggs shaft ringwork

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. A local cue repair fellow (Mark Rosner) has been making some nice LD shafts. I was going to get him to make me one for my older Scruggs player but prefer to have the matching shaft ringwork. Again, all help appreciated. Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 289

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
hi Mike;

I have that shaft as an extra from one of my old TS cues that got damaged. The shaft is straight and in excellent cond and has an ivory ferrule.

PM if interested but I wouldn't want this great shaft to be a donor for it's ring - too good (and hard to come by) of a shaft for that. PM if interested.

Just to have this ringwork matched doesn't seem like it should be terribly difficult though the patina wont be there.

You can try posting on the TS group on Facebook and/or post a wanted ad in the Wanted forum here.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• TS-shaft-mapleblock-3.jpg
    TS-shaft-mapleblock-3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 275
  • TS-shaft-maple-dash-collar.jpg
    TS-shaft-maple-dash-collar.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 285
  • TS-shaft-maple-dash-tip-ferrule.jpg
    TS-shaft-maple-dash-tip-ferrule.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 288
  • TS-shaft-maple-dash-full.jpg
    TS-shaft-maple-dash-full.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian, thanks, I've already got three of those shafts (all with ivory ferrules) for that cue. I hadn't thought of posting on the fb Scruggs group...thanks for that direction!

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
Mike,
That's a very easy ring to replicate. You should have no problems getting it made up by most any cuemaker.

Alan

Phelps Custom Cues