Is this case worth saving

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
I have no idea what kind of case this is but was wondering 2 things ..
1.is it worth fixing and 2.who would I send it to. Looks descent
on the outside but rough rough on the inside and the bottoms missing.
Should I just hang it on the wall as is or should I have it fixed to store
a cue.

Thanks

P.S. you should see the "outstanding" cue that was stored in it.I'' post some pics later

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worth it if you can link it to Buddy Hall, if not it is still a unique case I believe is worth saving.

triley41395

Silver Member
Worth it if you can link it to Buddy Hall, if not it is still a unique case I believe is worth saving.

Unless Buddy Shot with a Schmelke and left it in BFE in southern Indiana theres not much chance of that.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Send the inside dimensions to JB Cases, maybe the have a liner that will fit.
If the do you’re halfway to fixing it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked on their web site at the old catalogs. They have the cues, but not the cases.

This is from their 1992 catalog.

-30oNG76NQsfNFp4iPHlOEyHXU_Vpxw-jHcR0FXuZf0LYSnRbqdwlYP-QIGismT9FMX6B8msoK-JQZ2yZ2MUb1b-3i7NWLSJ2v1gHP718uhw8YWOtPPx1UFmvgnnipLKpsd_qAwF-5PB7DlHesIxTyV3OgaVK56Q8CvFTAs_deO_H_ucTbZSMTiS347A28wboOZpFGHxrO_W1FEFaRK8y4WVhLq_lpdlcexCiXOhcd621kDAjmKDU8xlo2eaEX1TJjqfZeiF1WGIIJiZQovJ7JdTbDDUSw2FAlt_HFbA_YWB-xZSMmuWqcldrb-bPGV7EnBoD7gnnKRTvw24OFyu71Q7eAGEOGrARxA_3uIc4ewSdznTpYdvaZfa1cO8iMkhX0FXFy_9qje7HjXUdLOXq6xo-DvCVh3xnbYwnFZlA0NFzEl5TVzV0ZYjliA1lkqPI-hPxyhsQBQlzADaIYkmys8i_mnM4Y5qw8imHAMfZ32_2XPo2zr2Zj-G6RldaQr8b5Tpmn4o2_cwgRcuXKpo8aw9VifdZ_NtAqi4_nxdpM3hUTLTER8rY1mFLF-akN58ucCY_BThWnnH6tstZYImPHF9eq0P7FjsnO3kVacwpaL3fTtlufEQbwMZkfv6nUPCWcRhVZ47HvCAXFxCDY55F0LA3uonS1m_vuBGBq83C4VCOk3VpXHytuyv=w524-h662-no

triley41395

Silver Member
Maxx
Send the inside dimensions to JB Cases, maybe the have a liner that will fit.
If the do you’re halfway to fixing it.

I will do that , maybe They would do the repair , it would be a lot nicer than I could do that's for sure.

[/Chopdoc
I just looked on their web site at the old catalogs. They have the cues, but not the cases.

QUOTE]

Thanks , I looked in the catalogs they have on line but didn't see anything . I'm going to drop them a line and see if they know anything about this case . Buddy looks like its original but I guess it could have been added later.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Thise cases are built like a tank.
Between the tube, vinyl wrap, and liner, mine are almost a half inch thick.
Also about an inch wider than Fellini, Thomas, etc.
Very stout cases

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it's got something scratching the cue...but a snug fit JB interior would definitely be a nice upgrade. The exterior looks just fine to me, a nice classic case.

triley41395

Silver Member
Thise cases are built like a tank.
Between the tube, vinyl wrap, and liner, mine are almost a half inch thick.
Also about an inch wider than Fellini, Thomas, etc.
Very stout cases

It does seem stoutly built but kind of big for a 1X2. The exterior definitely held up better than the interior.

triley41395

Silver Member
I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it's got something scratching the cue...but
a snug fit JB interior would definitely be a nice upgrade. The exterior looks just fine to me, a nice classic case.

The outside is not in too bad but the interior is in bad shape.it almost looks like it was wet at one time and molded,
smells bad also but the cue inside wasn't swelled or warped so I'm not sure what's up with it. its also missing the bottom .
the case was sitting upside down in a corner because it had no bottom.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people are seeing the picture of the missing bottom and think it's the open top.

The only thing holding the bottom in is those four short nails.

Though the tube used on these seems substantial, the rest of the design, construction, and materials are not so great IMHO.

It's very difficult to find one in nice condition. They generally have not held up well.

Those letters were likely added to the front. They are available at department stores and craft stores.

The Viking cases from their catalog that same year are far superior.

I have a couple in minty shape. These are not like the older viking cases with paper thin linings, they have nice linings.

I would love to have the CS-200 (real snakeskin). I have a CS-75 in faux snake.

Just check the last page in this catalog. http://www.vikingcue.com/c-series/

Considering the condition of that case and the value, it is not worth having it professionally restored IMHO but it could make a nice project at home.

Last edited:

triley41395

Silver Member

-30oNG76NQsfNFp4iPHlOEyHXU_Vpxw-jHcR0FXuZf0LYSnRbqdwlYP-QIGismT9FMX6B8msoK-JQZ2yZ2MUb1b-3i7NWLSJ2v1gHP718uhw8YWOtPPx1UFmvgnnipLKpsd_qAwF-5PB7DlHesIxTyV3OgaVK56Q8CvFTAs_deO_H_ucTbZSMTiS347A28wboOZpFGHxrO_W1FEFaRK8y4WVhLq_lpdlcexCiXOhcd621kDAjmKDU8xlo2eaEX1TJjqfZeiF1WGIIJiZQovJ7JdTbDDUSw2FAlt_HFbA_YWB-xZSMmuWqcldrb-bPGV7EnBoD7gnnKRTvw24OFyu71Q7eAGEOGrARxA_3uIc4ewSdznTpYdvaZfa1cO8iMkhX0FXFy_9qje7HjXUdLOXq6xo-DvCVh3xnbYwnFZlA0NFzEl5TVzV0ZYjliA1lkqPI-hPxyhsQBQlzADaIYkmys8i_mnM4Y5qw8imHAMfZ32_2XPo2zr2Zj-G6RldaQr8b5Tpmn4o2_cwgRcuXKpo8aw9VifdZ_NtAqi4_nxdpM3hUTLTER8rY1mFLF-akN58ucCY_BThWnnH6tstZYImPHF9eq0P7FjsnO3kVacwpaL3fTtlufEQbwMZkfv6nUPCWcRhVZ47HvCAXFxCDY55F0LA3uonS1m_vuBGBq83C4VCOk3VpXHytuyv=w524-h662-no

Makes perfect sense..The cue in the case was dated but I didn't know until I contacted schmelke. Thanks again Chopdoc
fhkjg.jpg