Tony Drago loses his cool vs. Alan McManus at German Masters Q

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why did Tony shoot at the 6 when the 5 was still on the table? If the wire was 13 I assume shooting the 6 is a foul making the point difference 19 with 18 left. Maybe I am wrong or missed something in the video but...I don't play snooker so I probably missed something.

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
why did Tony shoot at the 6 when the 5 was still on the table? If the wire was 13 I assume shooting the 6 is a foul making the point difference 19 with 18 left. Maybe I am wrong or missed something in the video but...I don't play snooker so I probably missed something.

That was a regular shot. He had a freeball after MacManus did a foul and let him snookered on the blue ball. That means that he can shoot at an other ball, wich count as a red, that ball beeing respoted if he pot it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That was a regular shot. He had a freeball after MacManus did a foul and let him snookered on the blue ball. That means that he can shoot at an other ball, wich count as a red, that ball beeing respoted if he pot it.

In this case, the pink has the value of the blue ball, 5 points.

The free ball rule should have scrapped a long time ago.
The option of 'shoot again' is enough.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be nice to hear the full story....and video.

Stan was on the Hill at the 10 ball event in Vegas when he hooked Tony with only 3 or 4 balls left. Tony clearly missed the ball and Stan called a foul (no ref to watch because the ball was in the open) Tony told Stan to call a ref and see what the ruling will be. Everyone watching was saying he fouled and Tony's reply was - that is what you think, I think I hit it.

Stan should have cleaned the easy table for the victory. Instead, he couldn't shake that hustle and lost to Tony.