Exposed wood under pockets

jaddessi

Hi all,
I just had my new table set up, and I have one concern.

I noticed that the wood (MDF) is exposed in some areas underneath the corner pockets. I can feel the corner of the wood with my fingers, and it is sharp and sticky.

Is this normal? My concern is that the exposed wood will scratch the balls as they pocket. I was thinking about covering the exposed areas with some hockey tape, but the table table was very expensive, so I don't want to do anything harmful or unnecessary.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Jamie

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Who from Diamond set your table up?
PS, if that's a Diamond, it's not new, so once again, who set your table up?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen....did he private message you? I can't see where he said it was a Diamond ....

The drop pocket, only Diamond uses that style that I know of. And no, the pockets should have at the least, a liner of cloth installed first before the pocket flaps were stapled down as to hide the MDF behind the pocket cuts.

jaddessi

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Yeah, I didn't think it should be exposed like that. I am going to cover the gaps with hockey tape. Hopefully that will prevent the balls from scratching.

I would rather not mention the name of the manufacturer or installer. They have treated me very nicely, and the table is beautiful. This seems like a minor issue, just wanted to make sure I addressed it properly.

Thanks again!

Jamie