Is Tad's family still providing services?

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a very nice Tad cue on ebay today that could use a refinishing job and it would be great if it could be done by Tad's shop.

Does anyone know if they are carrying his flag forward?

Two years ago I was curious about a new cue and called the number I found on the internet and I think Tad himself answered but told me to contact JJ Cues with questions.

I did so but felt kind of brushed off because I guess I was kind of a tire kicker and wasn't ready to place an order. I ended up refinishing an old Gina and also picked up another Gina instead but the one on ebay today is very similar to one I sold back in the early 70's (memories!).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred Kohara, Tad's son, has been making Tad Cues for many years. J&J are the distributors for Tad Cues. Unless you know someone who knows Fred, you would naturally have to go through J&J.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred Kohara, Tad's son, has been making Tad Cues for many years. J&J are the distributors for Tad Cues. Unless you know someone who knows Fred, you would naturally have to go through J&J.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
Thanks for the information.

I guess I've always felt more comfortable communicating directly with the people I'm asking to do something for me.

When I brought my old cue to Ernie he had several suggestions and that I don't think would have come up if I had just asked for the cue to refinished and repaired.

I'm not a big fan of "patina" so I'll have to think this over.

Thanks again.

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a very nice Tad cue on ebay today that could use a refinishing job and it would be great if it could be done by Tad's shop.

Does anyone know if they are carrying his flag forward?

Two years ago I was curious about a new cue and called the number I found on the internet and I think Tad himself answered but told me to contact JJ Cues with questions.

I did so but felt kind of brushed off because I guess I was kind of a tire kicker and wasn't ready to place an order. I ended up refinishing an old Gina and also picked up another Gina instead but the one on ebay today is very similar to one I sold back in the early 70's (memories!).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tad doesn't deal directly with the public for cue orders, they will do repairs on their own cues unless someone else has altered the cue. Call them for quote on a refinish, even if you have their address always call first (especially if they don't know you).

Fred has never doubted continuing making cues during his father's passing, he will be making cues until his time to retire.