There is a great Renaissance of 1980's hobbies going on right now.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a great chance for pool to recapture peoples' imaginations.

I have been saying this for a while. There are bars with ping pong tables, retro pinball machines, 80's video games, jenga and traditional board games. Skee ball and bowling is starting to show up more places again too. Turn off the devices and have some traditional fun with "active" games.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm waitin' for Lawn Darts to come roaring back. ;) Seriously, don't hold your breath for some big pool flashback. This story has a bad habit of repeating itself.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm waitin' for Lawn Darts to come roaring back. ;) Seriously, don't hold your breath for some big pool flashback. This story has a bad habit of repeating itself.

Yall can believe this or not, but I have recently gotten a classroom full of high school students completely and hopelessly addicted to...wait for it. . the Oregon Trail computer game. Its awesome!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yall can believe this or not, but I have recently gotten a classroom full of high school students completely and hopelessly addicted to...wait for it. . the Oregon Trail computer game. Its awesome!
I bet. Another computer game. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Lawn Darts!

Attachments

• Lawn-Darts-Fake-Accident-sized.jpg
    Lawn-Darts-Fake-Accident-sized.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 426

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The makers of the game "Twister" are amazed how well received, fashionable their
game has become among "Me Too" lawyers, feminist and the homosexual's,
a niche hobby for sure, not possible for a renaissance though.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
There is a great Renaissance of 1980's hobbies going on right now. It's a great chance for pool to recapture peoples' imaginations.

This is true. In addition to a Brunswick GC III, I have one of these bad boys in the waiting room of our office suite.
The patients & their family members love it. It has cut down on missed visits and appointment tardiness.
Of course the staff are all behind in their paperwork like never before, so there's that.
And yes, I have it set on "free-play" mode.
I don't see us stepping it up to Lawn Darts though...1 volatile family session and there could be blood on the walls...and even worse, the Simonis.

ms-pac-man-galaga-pacman-arcade-machine-black-coin-door-stools_1024x1024.png

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Omg that was the greatest game ever invented. That, Yukon trail, and Where in the **** is Carmen Sandiego have shaped my entire existence. Probably.

mrpiper

Registered
I hope this is true as I am a "child of the 80's". Maybe Tom Cruise could make a move about pool that would get people excited! Oh... wait... never mind :smile:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Your gonna need a Color of Money type of event. I just don't think soft liberal Hollywood can get a pool movie right enough for the true fan.

Allegedly, there's been a movie about the life of Ralph Greenleaf sitting in the can, ready to go since the mid 1990's.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If this is even remotely true then you REALLY need to get out some. ;)

I may have overstated their significance in some small way lol. They do remind me of like 2nd grade computer class though, a simpler time in my life.

I never have seen lawn darts but it sounds cool, I’ll have to check it out.