12.4 Revo vs 12.5 cynergy
Old
  (#1)
rykr01
AzB Bronze Member
rykr01 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

12.4 Revo vs 12.5 cynergy - 02-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Those of you that have played both can you give me your opinion on which one you prefer?

Old
  (#2)
mvp
AzB Silver Member
mvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond repute

02-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Cuetec based solely on taper!

Old
  (#3)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

02-02-2019, 08:30 PM

I have used the R12.9 for about a year and hit with the R12.4 enough to know I prefer the R12.9 of the two. I also had the opportunity to hit with the C12.5 many times. If I had to pick my favorite out of those 3 CF shafts, I would easily choose the C12.5. It hit super nice just like my R12.9 but was more solid, less pingy of a hit. I also loved the white "ferrule" on the Cuetec. This of course is JMO and your mileage may vary. I suggest tryin them out for yourself!

Old
  (#4)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

02-02-2019, 08:37 PM

I own both and the 12.0 prime m. I'm in love with all 3 it's insane. I have Zero clue as which to make my main shaft. I guess I should just keep the Revo my main since I've been using it the last 19+ months. One thing about the Cynergy I absolutely hated was the tip. Almost wrote off the shaft with the stock tip, put a g2 on it and it plays awesome. The taper on the Cynergy is super long compared to the other 2.

As far as deflection, Revo has the least, then Cynergy and becue last.

Forgot to add that it actually took me a little bit to get used to the ferrule on the Cynergy since being so used to the Revo.

Last edited by gregnice37; 02-02-2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added

Old
  (#5)
fluffybutt
AzB Bronze Member
fluffybutt is on a distinguished road

02-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Are there any 30 inch carbon fiber shafts on the market?

Old
  (#6)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybutt View Post
Are there any 30 inch carbon fiber shafts on the market?
I know for sure about Becue c.f. shafts which you can get 29, 30 and even 31". It seems like Go Customs c.f. shafts you can also get in 30". Don't know when Cuetec, Jacoby, Mezz will offer theirs in extra length.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#7)
fluffybutt
AzB Bronze Member
fluffybutt is on a distinguished road

02-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
I know for sure about Becue c.f. shafts which you can get 29, 30 and even 31". It seems like Go Customs c.f. shafts you can also get in 30". Don't know when Cuetec, Jacoby, Mezz will offer theirs in extra length.

Do you have a link for the Becue CF 30 inch, I can't find it.

Old
  (#8)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybutt View Post
Do you have a link for the Becue CF 30 inch, I can't find it.
Apply to Ricky Bryant. He is Becue official in USA and a member here with a nickname wrickyb. I'm sure he'll help you.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#9)
MichaelEGR
AzB Bronze Member
MichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelEGR has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 02:44 PM

I suppose I should finally make my first post after all these years.. ;P

A couple of days ago I gathered some data on the taper of the Cynergy vs Revo 12.4 as I have both. See at bottom.

I have had the Revo since October and put in a lot of practice time since then and got the Cynergy early January. Almost immediately after trying out the Cynergy I knew I liked it more than the Revo mainly for the taper. IMHO the Cynergy feels better when hitting through the cue ball w/ a closed bridge as you get ~4+ more inches of travel before significant deformation of a closed bridge occurs. In the graph the critical area where the Revo breaks the closed bridge is indicated in the start "warning overlay" whereas you can easily get through to 18" w/ the Cynergy / pro taper. I also don't mind the extra bit of deflection compared to the Revo. It's kind of nice to have the pivot point at 13" vs 19".

Anyway here is the taper data and graph:

Last edited by MichaelEGR; 02-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Kimmo H.
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 10:02 PM

^ Thank you for the data and welcome to the forums!

Cuetecs taper does indeed look much more comfortable, I'd gladly give one a try

Mezz
- ACE 180
- CP13SW-MD
- Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#11)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEGR View Post
I suppose I should finally make my first post after all these years.. ;P ...
Welcome aboard (to posting). That's certainly an impressive first post -- good info.

But I've got to warn you. You raised your posts-per-day average to .00029. No telling what such a rapid increase could lead to.

Old
  (#12)
pinkspider
Crap user name, I know.
pinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:

A couple of days ago I gathered some data on the taper of the Cynergy vs Revo 12.4 as I have both. See at bottom.

I have had the Revo since October and put in a lot of practice time since then and got the Cynergy early January. Almost immediately after trying out the Cynergy I knew I liked it more than the Revo mainly for the taper. IMHO the Cynergy feels better when hitting through the cue ball w/ a closed bridge as you get ~4+ more inches of travel before significant deformation of a closed bridge occurs. In the graph the critical area where the Revo breaks the closed bridge is indicated in the start "warning overlay" whereas you can easily get through to 18" w/ the Cynergy / pro taper. I also don't mind the extra bit of deflection compared to the Revo. It's kind of nice to have the pivot point at 13" vs 19".

Yeah the 19" pivot on the Revo is quite sick haha but eventually i got used to it. the 13" would be much easier to get used to

Old
  (#13)
rykr01
AzB Bronze Member

02-04-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:

Great info Thanks! Btw, what do you mean "pivot" point?

Old
  (#14)
rykr01
AzB Bronze Member

02-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Is one easier to maintain than the other (between Revo /CF/Becue)? I saw that Predator recommends having tips put on my a Predator tech. Are putting tips on a CF shaft harder than normal?

Old
  (#15)
westcoast
AzB Silver Member
westcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 10:22 AM

Does anybody know of a store/vendor that sells Cuetec CF shafts in the LA area? I'm interested in getting one but I want to physically test which one would fit my R360 butt. It would be great if they sold an entire cue to go along with the shaft. Maybe they do, but I'm not aware of it

Last edited by westcoast; 02-04-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: