Looking to buy an Ed Prewitt Sneak Pete shaft to Match this?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
my sense is that there would not be many, if any, EP sneaky shafts available.

Your link says you are unsure if it is, in fact, a Prewitt.

if it were me I would def get in touch with Ed to first establish for sure if this is one of his and, if so, what bwould he charge to make a new shaft for it. This would be ideal.

Or you can simply adjust your sights a little and look for a shaft from another maker with that same pin (looks like a 3/8 10) and plain brown phenolic.

Something to consider whether Ed or anyone else might make a new shaft, if you ever decide to go that route, is that brown phenolic can be tough to match because the new phenolic when cut will be a different color than that which has some age (patina) on it. Even if it came from the same orig supply.

Whatever way you decide to go, good luck with it.

it would be key to find out if it's actually an EP, imo.

best,
brian kc

crobwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks for the comments and valuable information folks. The butt on this Ed Prewitt is 16oz on my digital scale and the length is an inch longer (30in), overlord. I'm thinking of having a shaft made from what Kickin' Chicken suggested but for now I feel that someone wouldn't mind parting with a shaft from Ed Prewitt that would match this. This is indeed a great find and if I could find a shaft it would be awesome! I love the weight. I've been using a Padgett shaft from a lost Padgett butt (mystery resolved because of AZ), but the shaft is an inch shorter (29in). I'll append what partakes in this endeavor and if I'm stymied, I will call Ed or another stellar cue maker. So far the requests I've been making in the AZ community is amazing and to no surprise they have been fulfilled. You peeps continue to be awesome and thanks jbbilliards1 for the EP SP.

Bump.

crobwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Considering the cue (Butt) is 30 inches. Maybe the shaft might be 30 inches as well. Few more bumps and I'll talk to Ed. Thanks folks!

crobwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks, all for your assistance. I had sent the the Prewitt butt to Ed and he made a shaft. I received it today and it hits like I thought it would hit (like a beast). Kickin' Chicken was right about the the phenolic being a different hue despite the different shade phenolic it still turned out great. Ed made a 30 in. 13mm shaft with melamine ferrule. Needless to say I no longer need a shaft to match this.