Live Streaming anyone?

custmqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture quality looks good. What time is the match scheduled to start?

Edit: Never mind. Starting now.

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
disclaimers:

I bought a cheap video camera and usb capture device *this morning* so who knwos how it will work out. I'm using not the greatest tripod, so it might be a bit jittery.

Also the hotel has crappy upload bandwidth, 150k was about all I could safely allocate to this...

If demand piles up I may have to limit connections to the server, but should be good for at least 100...

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
98-13 now

unfortunately I think this'll be the only live stream...

I'm just a bit competative when it comes to proving my points is all:)

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
It's AMAZING that DP has not even TRIED to do such a thing...

Great job Juggler!

Well that's not exactly fair, they have streamed things, it's just that there is (as JCIN pointed out) a major cost behind these things, I happen to work for a company where I could easily do this, but if it were advertised and staffed better the cost would probably be in the thousands, which is a hard nut to swallow if you don't know if you will be making the money back.

The real question is how many people would really have paid $10/day to view. You'd probably need to average at least 100 per day to make it worth it...and that's a very low estimate.

It's easy to lose a lot of money if you just jump in and offer a big streaming media product...

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Juggler:

Will you try to stream the match between Jasmin Ouschan and Oliver Ortmann too??? PLEASE :)

Btw: Can you see how many users watching right now?

Great quality

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Juggler:

Will you try to stream the match between Jasmin Ouschan and Oliver Ortmann too??? PLEASE :)

Btw: Can you see how many users watching right now?

Great quality

27 or so and unfortunately there are apparently agreements in place against live streaming, DP was nice enough to let this keep going, but nothing going forward.

Wei, of Cuetable.com is taping (in much better quality) some of the more marquee matches (like the Feijin/Schmidt match on the other table right now - currents 95-55 in favor of schmidt). He said they aren't sure exactly what will happen with the video yet, but it'll be available eventually in some form.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
juggler314 said:
27 or so and unfortunately there are apparently agreements in place against live streaming, DP was nice enough to let this keep going, but nothing going forward.

Wei, of Cuetable.com is taping (in much better quality) some of the more marquee matches (like the Feijin/Schmidt match on the other table right now - currents 95-55 in favor of schmidt). He said they aren't sure exactly what will happen with the video yet, but it'll be available eventually in some form.

Too bad...

Thanks anyway for what you are doing!

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tell ya, Bustamante handles himself pretty well at straight pool. A number of people I chatted with thought he would not make it very far since he does not play much straight pool. But he is such an incredible shotmaker he gets himself out of a lot of trouble!

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry for the lame web page inserts, no other way to get score info out really...didn't have time to make a page with all the trimmings...

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
it is getting bumpy like in and out screen feezing not that I am complaining in fact thank you

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be one of two things a) the hotel internet connection, it's shared, so if it gets squeezed by other people using it, it will affect the stream.

Also I had to use an older laptop because the USB device I picked up wouldn't work on vista (my normal laptop) and it does peak up to 100% cpu sometimes...

Like I said, no planning, bought equipment this morning. This is definitely not the way to do an event that someone is paying for!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
What's the score?

Well, they could have put something like this up and made it available for free, or they could have provided us with some updates for example every 30 minutes...

Dragon Promotion hasn't done much for the FANS. I know that the majority of players are happy with the event, but I thought it was important to please the fans too...