Anyone have info on Raymond Calvert cues?

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shot with a Raymond Calvert about 10 years ago. It was stolen and I quit playing shortly after. I am back playing again and would like to know more about Calvert. I have had no luck finding out anything about this cue maker, it was the best hitting cue I had owned & I would like to maybe get another. Any info would be greatly appreiciated.

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thebigdog said:
I shot with a Raymond Calvert about 10 years ago. It was stolen and I quit playing shortly after. I am back playing again and would like to know more about Calvert. I have had no luck finding out anything about this cue maker, it was the best hitting cue I had owned & I would like to maybe get another. Any info would be greatly appreiciated.
Made by Helmstetter.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
As Ted said, they were an Adams/Helmstetter line cue made top look like a custom - signed "Raymond Calvert 1989". I have no clue who he was, or even if he was. Helmstetter had other fictional cue makers as well, notably "Julio Strombolini".

Occasionally a Raymond Calvert comes up on E-Bay. They sell for $200 or $300 but I've only seen 2 or 3 for sale in the last year. Those old Adams cues did have a nice hit to them. If you want a similar cue, I would look for an older Helmstetter. One word of warning: they had a tendancy to warp in the handle area.

Chris

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, I don't think Helmstetter makes those anymore, I can't find them anwwhere. Well looks like I will be looking elsewhere for my next cue.

Thanks for the reply
Gabe

brunswick1901

I have a Raymond Calvert that I bought in the 1980s. I hit balls with one time and like most of my collection I put it away and never played with it again. Please let me know it you would like to see some pictures.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Raymond Calvert that I bought in the 1980s. I hit balls with one time and like most of my collection I put it away and never played with it again. Please let me know it you would like to see some pictures.

Thread is just over 20 years old, don't worry, happens to the best of us ;)

That being said, go post pics in the cue gallery forum, I'm sure there are people that would enjoy seeing it.