predator prototype genuine

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
hello, there is a cue on auction on ebay currently. am convinced it is a 5k3 prototype or there abouts... however i would like to know anout the shaft. do you think it is a generic $10 shaft? on predators retired cues all of them seem to have a logo. thanks for your opinions and advise as there are no returns on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180705925555

Personally, I would not go for it. Something doesn't look right. The joint is wrong, the logo doesn't look right, inside the butt not as clean as Predator, rubber bumper doesn't look right, shaft is 13mm, not 12.75 and does not appear to be pie laminate.

Looks like a Chinese knock-off to me.

Joe

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't know about the shaft for sure but it certainly looks like a regular shaft. Something just doesn't look right with the butt not sure what it is, Bamacues could be right, personally I would not go for it.

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I agree it definitely doesn't look right.

Predator used to use a 5/16 x 14 joint but that long ago the butts were being made in the U.S. This cue has Chinese written all over it. The weight bolt is a dead give-away of that.

kostas

Check it!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys. My insticts have been reenforced. Im currently in asia and the first question they all ask is where you buy from. I was astounded they ask because i then found out there is a ge market for knock offs.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The cue is a crappie knockoff and a bad one at that,suprised that many people have bid on it and no one thought it looked a little strange:scratchhead:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The cue is a counterfeit.
I could fill this page with all the tell-tale signs.
One that is most telling is that Predator never used the orange logo
on anything except their BK break cues.
Prototype my a$$.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The cue is a counterfeit.
I could fill this page with all the tell-tale signs.
One that is most telling is that Predator never used the orange logo
on anything except their BK break cues.
Prototype my a$$.

That was the first thing I thought.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Cue is still on Ebay. Cannot imagine that this one is from Predator. Anybody knows what has happened after the complain to Ebay? I fell really sorry for the buyer! Hopefully we can keep these counterfeits out of AZ....

Jobba

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
way too many of the details are just not right at all, sorry to say its not real predator, I have only really played with predators in my time and nothing on this cue says it has any ties to pred.