• Total voters

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
Lets see....
Break hard with $1000 cue?
Break hard with a $125 break cue?
Tough choice here.

i converted a $45 lucky cue into a savage break cue, just slapped a G10 tip/ferrule combo on it
but most of the time i'm too lazy to take it out of the case, and my $1500 Madden breaks them just as good if not better

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always break with my breaker in 8 and 10 and just smash it as hard as I can. In 9 ball on a template if a ball is wired and going in 99% of the time then I'll sometimes leave it in my case and break with a house cue or even my playing cue and a good solid hit will do the job.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After I got back into pool after a 20 year layoff I played and broke with a 500.00 viking . After 6 months the tip wore out and I had a buffalo tip put on and played 3 1/2 years with no issues. Then in my area every body and their mama started purchasing Alex brick dymondwood jump breaks and I jumped on the band wagon. The only thing it did better than my Viking was jump...with the full cue cause apa dont allow jump cues.

Then I jumped on the predator bk 3 bandwagon. Broke a lil better than the brick but did not jump as well. The other week I broke with a friends 200.00 McDermott jump break and be damned if it does not break better than my predator.

Btw I would still be breaking with that Viking now if it had not been broke by some one in my ex girlfriends family. Never did find out who broke it.

Last edited:

Rackem & Weep

Registered
I agree with an earlier response that a break cue will help with lessening the deformation of your tip.

You may be getting a better reaction on your breaks using your playing cue (as you said you weren't breaking as hard). Perhaps by not hitting as hard you are more precise on your aim. Unfortunately many of us concentrate on on the power side of the break and forget that precise accuracy is what yields the best results.

Last edited:

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do but only on 7 foot tables. Hitting the balls square with less force produces a sufficient enough break and I almost always break with my playing cue while playing nine ball.