BK Rush
Old
  (#1)
Rooster1161
AzB Bronze Member
Rooster1161 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

BK Rush - 07-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Just received a new BK Rush, has anyone changed the tip and tried something different on it? if so what did you switch to and what results did you find?

Old
  (#2)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member
Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

07-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster1161 View Post
Just received a new BK Rush, has anyone changed the tip and tried something different on it? if so what did you switch to and what results did you find?
I have installed the Longasy break tip, Taom, White Diamond, Zento and Samsara.
They all seem to work better than the stock tip, I think White Diamond and Taom works very well with BK Rush.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#3)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

07-10-2018, 08:02 PM

Hi Kim,

Interesting that you find the White Diamond works best with the BK Rush. I have the White Diamond on my OB Break Speed shaft and I thought it was just OK. My Rush still has the factory tip and I did not think of putting it on the Rush until I read your reply just now.

Can you pls expound on why you chose the WD along with the Taom?

Thanks!
-Mark

Player: Predator Blak 3-3
Shafts: 12.4 & 12.9 Revo
Breaker: BK Rush
BK Rush test shots: https://youtu.be/v0dlf8-jcLM

Old
  (#4)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

07-10-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Hi Kim,

Interesting that you find the White Diamond works best with the BK Rush. I have the White Diamond on my OB Break Speed shaft and I thought it was just OK. My Rush still has the factory tip and I did not think of putting it on the Rush until I read your reply just now.

Can you pls expound on why you chose the WD along with the Taom?

Thanks!
-Mark

I have a BK Rush and I think the factory tip is excellent. I've tried a white diamond long ago a time or two and never could warm up to it. I think if I was going to try anything different, it would either be a Samsara (a bit softer than the factory), or the Hammerhead (a bit harder). I'm a huge fan of the Hammerhead and have one on my BK3 and OB speed break shaft.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#5)
DWreckTheBoss
AzB Bronze Member
DWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond reputeDWreckTheBoss has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
I have a BK Rush and I think the factory tip is excellent. I've tried a white diamond long ago a time or two and never could warm up to it. I think if I was going to try anything different, it would either be a Samsara (a bit softer than the factory), or the Hammerhead (a bit harder). I'm a huge fan of the Hammerhead and have one on my BK3 and OB speed break shaft.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
Mine also has the factory tip and it works very well. I have been consistently able to hold the cue, and I have a pretty nice break. I am not sure how much more "power" it has given me, but I can definitely tell it helps with my accuracy when I cue slightly off center. One thing I have noticed is it really seems to help out players on my league team that have a rather slow/soft break. They definitely get a better hit and spread, but it could be because of the weight of my BK-rush.

Speaking of...what weight did you guys go with on your Rush? Mine has no weights in it, I am thinking its somewhere around 17.5?

Playing Cue: Players G-Series B/W no wrap
Breaking Cue: Predator BK-Rush no wrap 18 oz
Case: J&J 4x8 Black Vinyl Hard Case
Accessories:
Porper 4 Cue Clamp Holder
Magic Rack (Almost Retired)
Outsville Accu-Rack (Excellent Product!)
Poison Glove
Cuetec 3 in 1 Bowtie Tip Tool
Upgrading to a Revo playing shaft (Butt undetermined) and a Hanshew jump cue when they become available.

Weight
Old
  (#6)
Rooster1161
AzB Bronze Member
Rooster1161 is on a distinguished road

Weight - 07-11-2018, 11:49 AM

Mine came with no weight either, the shaft is around 4 oz, the butt weighed 14.05 oz, I have ordered a weight kit for it, I like a heavier breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreckTheBoss View Post
Mine also has the factory tip and it works very well. I have been consistently able to hold the cue, and I have a pretty nice break. I am not sure how much more "power" it has given me, but I can definitely tell it helps with my accuracy when I cue slightly off center. One thing I have noticed is it really seems to help out players on my league team that have a rather slow/soft break. They definitely get a better hit and spread, but it could be because of the weight of my BK-rush.

Speaking of...what weight did you guys go with on your Rush? Mine has no weights in it, I am thinking its somewhere around 17.5?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: