how are ya'll doing in league ?

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
They look like APA stats to me

The page loads slowly but if you wait for it, there are links that take you to records for each game (8-, 9-, 10-ball). I can see who I played, when I played him, and how I did.

It also shows how each match has affected my skill level.

There are different breakdowns: against men, against women, when matches went hill-hill, etc.

Much more detailed than APA... but you gotta wait for the page to load. :)

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Here's my pitiful stat sheet. No laughing please.
All so I was a 3/4 for probably 2 or 3 years starting out. All I cared about was a night out to get a good buzz on. But then I got tired of sucking so I put a lot if practice time in & moved up to a 5 for a lil while & then a 6. I think that's where I'll be stuck at because I'm sure the LO isn't moving me down & I don't practice enough to move up to a 7.
In 9-ball if I remember correctly I was a 7 when I last played.
I'm planning on playing 9-ball this summer. By the time I figured out I wanted to play again, no one needed a player. So I got on 2 8-ball teams.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 175

ChrisWoj

Just some one eyed guy.
Silver Member
Last night I got to play for the second time in my NAPA League (officially I'm on the record with three matches, but the other team was a no-show the first week I was set to play - which coincidentally hurt us, they give up on average 65-70 points per week, we only got 56 for the win by no show!). My silly run of on-the-hill wins continued - 5 wins in a row, all by the hill. This was a bit more... um... harrowing. Maybe an overstatement, but it puts it into some perspective.

He's higher rated and it was a 4-3 race. He won the lag and ran a break n run right off the bat on me. And then he won the next two after that, putting me pretty much in the avoid-a-sweep position, which I did by winning the fourth game. And then I proceeded to take the next two, and came back from the 3-0 to win it 3-3. I was playing third, we were 1-1 at the time but up points thanks to some 8-ball breaks by our team captain. Our final guy mimicked me to some extent - he was the high rating with a 4-3 race, and went from down 2-1 to win his race 4-2. Lots of pulling it out of our asses going on last night. If not for our leadoff man coming out on 27 hours without sleep it would have been a close blowout, instead just a solid team win.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
started a new session on sat napa league today.

now we are on track with the rest of you that play laggers choice. we were playing whoever wins the lag and chose what game also broke 1st. now if you win the lag you choose whether to break 1st or what game to play.

i won the lag and of course chose 8 ball like i always do. it was a 4-3 race and i won 4-1. shoulda won 4-0 but i got out of position on my last ball in the 3rd rack and my opponent ran the table.:eek:

that makes 5 wins in a row for me in 8 ball. that also means i went up 5 points in handicap. i don't want to go up too high before nationals so i think i will choose 9 ball for a while when i win the lag. i am 18 points lower in 9 ball than i am 8 ball.... mainly because i was sucking for a while in 9 ball and been on a pretty good win streak lately in 8 ball. my 10 ball handicap is right in the middle of my 8 and 9 handicaps so i could choose a few 10 games also.

i looked up a couple of interesting stats earlier. might be off a lil cause i am going by memory.

i win the lag 61% of the time. when i win the lag i win 67% of my matches.

i know its comparing apples to oranges but i still think its kinda odd that i have a higher win % in napa 8 ball vs apa 8 ball and a higher win % in apa 9 ball.vs napa.9 ball

Sbrogdon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other night I played an SL8....I am an SL6... I was 2 points away from beating him...not too bad I guess..

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
ok - DON'T shoot the messenger, cause i'm asking yáll. and i don't play League. i shoot straight up. but....

i heard, from more than 2 players the other night (who happen to be the BEST in League - and one - OMG forbid - is a WOMAN) - that when you play League, and depending on who you play, that you have to sand-bag.... to keep yáll's ranking low.

true?

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
And -

FYI, our League is close to running a new inside tourney of THE WOMEN V THE MEN.

it'd be a very strong 5, against 15.

and i'm pretty sure yáll will need to wipe KK9 up, off of the floor....

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
ok - DON'T shoot the messenger, cause i'm asking yáll. and i don't play League. i shoot straight up. but....

i heard, from more than 2 players the other night (who happen to be the BEST in League - and one - OMG forbid - is a WOMAN) - that when you play League, and depending on who you play, that you have to sand-bag.... to keep yáll's ranking low.

true?

I don't know about the "depending on who you play" part but if you don't want your ranking to reflect your true ability, then you cheat... I mean sandbag... naw, I really meant cheat. :)

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
this is 2-fold, so keep up -

KK9 was supposed to play X @ 7pm. at 9:30, we needed to go & X hadn't showed. i got vocal, and found out from this woman, that the no-show was a NEW guy; just added that day.... (ringer)

so i continued to show my ass (no sharking whatsoever). went to the LO. informed him that i'd just hung up w/ Mark Griffin (he said - who?), and that the Ruling is: when you are 1 hr late - you FORFEIT.

they switched KK9 out ASAP, with this other guy.

he sucked. God bless him for trying. but OMG, my 12yr old could have knocked him in the dirt.

the race went on....and on....and....

i asked KK9 why he didn't FINISH IT?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is 2-fold, so keep up -

KK9 was supposed to play X @ 7pm. at 9:30, we needed to go & X hadn't showed. i got vocal, and found out from this woman, that the no-show was a NEW guy; just added that day.... (ringer)

so i continued to show my ass (no sharking whatsoever). went to the LO. informed him that i'd just hung up w/ Mark Griffin (he said - who?), and that the Ruling is: when you are 1 hr late - you FORFEIT.

they switched KK9 out ASAP, with this other guy.

he sucked. God bless him for trying. but OMG, my 12yr old could have knocked him in the dirt.

the race went on....and on....and....

i asked KK9 why he didn't FINISH IT?

showing your ass would definitely shark me.!!:D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played my apa double jeapordy tonight.

played another 5 in 8 ball and i won 4-3. both of us kinda played bad.... guess he played badder than me.:D

wound up playing the same guy in 9 ball only he is a 4 this time. it was one of those matches where he did not miss much but when he did miss i was always kicking at something and i wound up losing this one.

i was outa my game mode cause i was ticked off we only had 4 people there. gettin tired of this crap every week so it looks like i am gonna have some new faces on the team come next session.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i want to add -

that woman, i've known her for 3yrs now. i was there when she 1st stepped into my hall & got the table next to me. (we have to stick together) she's good....

i don't know what she's ranked, but it's not what she is. (maybe a 4/5 - and should be a 7/8?) she's her team's captain. and she's #2, of 8 teams in our room - 8 & 9ball.

she played a guy on KK9's team, whom i had never seen shoot. OMG....:eek: as i handed her a glass of celebratory wine, i asked: WHY DIDN'T YOU FINISH HIM SOONER?

she said: I DIDN'T WANT IT TO AFFECT MY RANKING.

(and then she bought me a drink, for getting out from under her ringer)