how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am just curious how some of you guys are playing and hoe some people respond without this going to another league bashing thread. feel free to respond no matter what league.

i was playing 5 times a week and cut out fri night scotch doubles double jeapordy last session. i just finished up in house bcapl points based money league and also dropping it too.

it seemed like i was just getting wore out playing so much and working 5 days a week also.

i play sunday night apa double jeapordy, tue night apa 8 ball travel and sat napa. i am captain of the sunday night and sat napa teams.

i started out slow on sun night 9 ball losing my 1st 3.. winning 1 .. losing 1 and then winning my last 6 in a row. i have really come on strong lately beating a 7 by a score of 17-3 and 2 5's both by a score of 18-2. my co-captain asked me to sit out last sun night 9 ball because he is afraid of me going up to a 6 in playoffs lol. with him just being raised to a 9 and us just losing our 1 who quit he is afraid of us not making the 23 limit.

sun night 8 ball i have not been doing too good. record of 4-6 so far with me winning last sun night against another tough 5 by a score of 4-3. i was on the verge of losing until he rattled the pocket on his last ball with me on the 8 which i made with no problem.

last night on my travel team i faced a 5 ...winning 4-2 in 10 innings with 1 break and run. i have not played 8 ball that good in a while.

well i look forward to my sat napa league where i will probably gat my ass kicked like i normally do. a lot of real good players in that league... what wins i have gotten did not come easy.

i would love to hear how some of you guys are doing.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
We're in the middle of a long break between napa sessions. Won't start up again until mid-January. I always hate the breaks... besides no pool, I'm always scrambling to find some players for my team.

As for how I'm doing personally, I'm glad we're between sessions. I'm in something of a slump and am ready to snap my cue and say f*** it. Going on vacation next week... 7-10 days with no pool... I think I need it. :)

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I play in 2 8 ball APA divisions. I last season I went on a losing streak from various things such as eye sight going bad and working 7 says a week for months at a time. anyways I used to be a SL7 and I went down to a 6. I had a goal this season to reach top gun in both div.

I won top gun on thursdays and tied for first on tuesdays but lost it due to wining percentage. so I figure i ll be going back up to a 7 sometime soon. anyways it was fun while it lasted (being a 6)

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went 40-4 this last session and didn't get the MVP. My teammate won it tho. My team won first place. Proud to Captain such a strong, classy team of BCA 9s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're in the middle of a long break between napa sessions. Won't start up again until mid-January. I always hate the breaks... besides no pool, I'm always scrambling to find some players for my team.

As for how I'm doing personally, I'm glad we're between sessions. I'm in something of a slump and am ready to snap my cue and say f*** it. Going on vacation next week... 7-10 days with no pool... I think I need it. :)

yea i know the feeling about always looking for players.:frown: it seems like every session some one moves outa town or something.

i am not sure about the schedule for sat or sun leagues but last night i was told we dont play until jan 7th in that league. guess i oughta get off my ass and look it up being i am the captain those of those 2 teams.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I play in 2 8 ball APA divisions. I last season I went on a losing streak from various things such as eye sight going bad and working 7 says a week for months at a time. anyways I used to be a SL7 and I went down to a 6. I had a goal this season to reach top gun in both div.

I won top gun on thursdays and tied for first on tuesdays but lost it due to wining percentage. so I figure i ll be going back up to a 7 sometime soon. anyways it was fun while it lasted (being a 6)

i am in 1st place for top gun in my 9 ball league. damn near last place on sun night 8 ball and 6th place tue night 8 ball.

to me there is not much difference between a 6 or 7 as far as races to handicaps in 8 ball. 9 ball is a different story though in spotting points.

good luck getting back to a 7.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
My second season of APA after two years hiatus where I struggled as a SL3.
SL 5 in 8-ball 60%, won 6, played 10
SL 4 in 9-ball, 73%, won 8, played 11
6 in MVP (73%) and 5 in top gun (31 points). Last week I achieved my first 8-ball rackless

Individual 9-ball, BCA sanctioned league
So far I won 7, lost 5 matches, cumulative 62 games won and lost 82 games.
Highlight of my season so far was beating the B+ (5-6 straight up). The B+ has a 6-2 record this season.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went 40-4 this last session and didn't get the MVP. My teammate won it tho. My team won first place. Proud to Captain such a strong, classy team of BCA 9s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i played bcapl years ago when it was available here and enjoyed it .as i stated i just dropped my wed night bcapl points based money league. i started the team and was captain of it... my co-captain is still trying to talk me into playing next session. he went as far as keeping my name on the roster he just turned in for next session.

i love playing pool but am getting up in years and it was just wearing me out playing so much. we finished in 3rd place this session so i feel pretty good about that.

let me ask you a question if you don't mind.... in your league do you give up points each match considering you are loaded with all 9's?

btw... congrats on the 1st place finish.:thumbup:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Both my 8-ball and 9-ball teams are having mediocre sessions, tho the 9-ball team is within striking distance of the playoffs, if a whole lot goes right.

I'm at about 60% in 9-ball, and only about 40% in 8-ball...lost last week in a match I had clearly in hand, and let slip away. Very frustrating. Mental errors, more on that later.

Still SL5 in both, also frustrating, but understandable. Captaining one team and co-captaining the other, so I don't play on the practice table much on league nights. And I haven't been getting other nights to practice consistently. Christmas is almost over, so work should get a little more calm, perhaps I'll get back to regular practice nights in the new year. I'll have a few days where I'm thinking "a-ha, this is progress..." and then the next night I'll regress. I have to eliminate the steps backward, and remain more consistent.

I must admit, my 8-ball team has been bringing me down a bit the last two sessions. Some personality conflicts. It's got to the point this session where I really wasn't enjoying myself. I work as a manager 6 days a week in my job, I don't want to have to "manage" people when I'm playing pool. A few of us are trying to work out forming a new team with the core from the old team, adding a few different players that we've played with before. As is often the case with APA, we need to work out adding another lower level player for balance, but I think we're almost ready to pull the trigger. I hate to do this, but I'm not interested in going through another session like this current one.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA season just ended for 8 and 9 ball teams. Planned on dropping 8 ball and picking up a bca 9 ball. On the way out of the pool room got hit up to join an 8ball team on a different day. I like the people so said I would. So 1 8ball, 1 9ball team next season and plan on joining an inhouse 14.1 league that I am way out classed in, but should help my game. I also shoot in a Sr. tourny every Wed. Guess the pool bug has bite me on the butt again after so many years away.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
well I'll tell ya.. our team is one round out of first place.. we had to play the worst team in the league tonight.. I am on a 7 match win streak heading into tonight..... and I got smoked by the worst player ( according to the average) in the entire league... had 3 matches lost them all..... our team took 3 out of 4 rounds.. but I flat out embarrassed myself.. I haven't shot this bad in the better part of a decade..... I'm looking forward to the two week break coming up... I gotta fix this.. I have 4 days off next week time to wear some lines into the felt...I'm flat out disgusted with myself.... I missed with F***ING BALL IN HAND!!!!..

time for a beer.....

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My second season of APA after two years hiatus where I struggled as a SL3.
SL 5 in 8-ball 60%, won 6, played 10
SL 4 in 9-ball, 73%, won 8, played 11
6 in MVP (73%) and 5 in top gun (31 points). Last week I achieved my first 8-ball rackless

Individual 9-ball, BCA sanctioned league
So far I won 7, lost 5 matches, cumulative 62 games won and lost 82 games.
Highlight of my season so far was beating the B+ (5-6 straight up). The B+ has a 6-2 record this season.

wow... what did you do to go from a 3 to a 5 after taking a 2 year hiatus?

thats an impressive win % you have going. hope you keep it up.

tryin2hustle

Registered
I play Vnea. Last session went 61 wins and 9 losses. This session I'm 24 wins and only 1 loss on a horrible stupid shot I missed. Slight brag here.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both my 8-ball and 9-ball teams are having mediocre sessions, tho the 9-ball team is within striking distance of the playoffs, if a whole lot goes right.

I'm at about 60% in 9-ball, and only about 40% in 8-ball...lost last week in a match I had clearly in hand, and let slip away. Very frustrating. Mental errors, more on that later.

Still SL5 in both, also frustrating, but understandable. Captaining one team and co-captaining the other, so I don't play on the practice table much on league nights. And I haven't been getting other nights to practice consistently. Christmas is almost over, so work should get a little more calm, perhaps I'll get back to regular practice nights in the new year. I'll have a few days where I'm thinking "a-ha, this is progress..." and then the next night I'll regress. I have to eliminate the steps backward, and remain more consistent.

I must admit, my 8-ball team has been bringing me down a bit the last two sessions. Some personality conflicts. It's got to the point this session where I really wasn't enjoying myself. I work as a manager 6 days a week in my job, I don't want to have to "manage" people when I'm playing pool. A few of us are trying to work out forming a new team with the core from the old team, adding a few different players that we've played with before. As is often the case with APA, we need to work out adding another lower level player for balance, but I think we're almost ready to pull the trigger. I hate to do this, but I'm not interested in going through another session like this current one.

we have about the same win percentage dub, keep it up.:thumbup:

i sympathize with you dub about the having to manage people, i get frustrated with it sometimes myself.

the 1st session i played in i told them i was leaving that team.... too much drama. a couple people left with me and we formed another team. it went ok for a couple years but i told them i wanted a more competitive team so they made me captain. i got a couple new players and 3 sessions later we made vegas.

since vegas i still have problems keeping people...damn. another problem i have is a low level player that is really hurting us with his really poor level of playing . he is a really nice old man but he is just one of those people who will never get better than he is. i casually mentioned to my co-captain and my gf that i thought about dropping him and they both said .. NO WAY !!. yet they both say he is not a very good player ... so whaddya do ?

my tue night team is my most laid back team. the captain made me co-captain but i don't do any co-captaining unless she aint there. no responsiblities, my gf don't play on that team, no league fee to pay on that night. no scorekeeping unless the captain ain't there which hardly ever happens. i just show up and play. only drawback is we do play in some dive bars but hey i guess you can't expect perfection in apa can you.:D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA season just ended for 8 and 9 ball teams. Planned on dropping 8 ball and picking up a bca 9 ball. On the way out of the pool room got hit up to join an 8ball team on a different day. I like the people so said I would. So 1 8ball, 1 9ball team next season and plan on joining an inhouse 14.1 league that I am way out classed in, but should help my game. I also shoot in a Sr. tourny every Wed. Guess the pool bug has bite me on the butt again after so many years away.

watch out for that pool bug . he bit me bad when i got back into pool and joined league play. i wound up playing 5 nights a week and just now cut it down to a more manageable 3 times a week.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
giggle...still shooting between 48-50 %..still a 5/5.

Not sure if I'm still on the team..I was just filling in.
Their set for Regionals this spring/summer in 9-ball.
Thats if they can keep the team together..numbers
are really tight..they need a 2/3 badly.

happy holidays.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA 3 in 8-ball. Played 10 matches this sessions, won half of them. Probably most disappointed about last weeks. Lost 2-1 to another 3 who I had killed for two hours straight just two nights before playing casually.

It's my third session.playoffs start next week. About 50% lifetime win average. Goals for next session are to break into the top 5 in my tier, win 60% or more of my matches! and to start playing more higher level players! which my captain has said he will if I want.

I think I've reached a plateau currently, and wanna start playing above my level,to see if it helps me.

Also play a Thursday night league, usually play one single and one doubles game per night. Doing well in singles, not so well in the doubles. Just joined this team and league this year, the team is made up of young,inexperienced guys. At 29, I'm one of the older guys who's there every week.

Looking into playing APA 9-ball next session,and I'll continue running my monthly tournaments.

Krisha

Registered
I recently got into a new league of all B players, i shot quite good and am in 1ste place after 13 matches only losing 4 points, so i am satisfied for the moment, got a 6 point lead over number two but what i concern the most about is that i lost those 4 points to players i should have won easily from, and again the top players i lost nothing.
guess its a matter of focus but it really bothers me !
just ordered up a new cue so i'm only shooting with a house cue for the moment, after i will receive my cue ( bob danielson ) i hope to practice a lot more and get more consistent, and take the 1st prize home :), so i'm doing good, am satisfied but after new year when i'm ready to go with my own cue i'm hoping to get on the next level !