Euro Team - predicted members

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about Albin? He is now top 5
http://www.matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup/#teamEurope
Thank God they are using shot clock cos that will speed up that snail Kaci :grin:
I'm very curious too how will Klenti perform under shot clock. It's unquestionable he can play great and he's very consistent but all that stuff with changing his rhythm when he feels it helps with certain opponents and the rules allow that... Being fairly patient I could not watch him playing vs. SVB the day before yesterday at Kremlin cup. He obviously did all of that on purpose and it worked as he expected I guess. Though in 1/4 vs. Kazakis he played in completely different rhythm and it was watchable. The more shot clocks there will be in matches with such players the better for all of us in my opinion.

As for the team Europe as it was already mentioned in other thread I see Kaci, He, Ouschan pretty in safe. Niels after good performance at China-open and the winning at Kremlin cup has really good chances to get first wildcard from Marcus. So there are Filler, Shaw, Kazakis for the second one. There are still some ranking events ahead so we'll see. As for me I'd like to see Filler on board because the Mosconi format is just great for him and it is very fun to watch him playing but of course all three are killers and I guess the captain will have some not that easy decision to choose one.

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not cool with guys like Shaw playing for Europe , Appleton too

take up American residence, live there...get married there to an American , pay taxes there, have American kids, etc....

guess what, you represent usa now

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

take up American residence, live there...get married there to an American , pay taxes there, have American kids, etc....

Yes, the two or three wins Shaw would bring in would make an immense difference and push the score to 11: 6.:grin:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

no way...he’s allowed to represent his Scottish homeland. He is a citizen there. Lots of Americans represent other countries in the Olympics. I’m cool with it.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are only 2 wild cards ;)

Thanks, so even with some MC points still left on the board you feel the top 3 are pretty much set? I mean, pretty much any combination should still be able to pulverize the Americans, but I just don't see He as one of the best that Europe has to offer. He seems like a nice guy and all, but I feel like he's a notch below some of the other blokes.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm very curious too how will Klenti perform under shot clock. It's unquestionable he can play great and he's very consistent but all that stuff with changing his rhythm when he feels it helps with certain opponents and the rules allow that... Being fairly patient I could not watch him playing vs. SVB the day before yesterday at Kremlin cup. He obviously did all of that on purpose and it worked as he expected I guess. Though in 1/4 vs. Kazakis he played in completely different rhythm and it was watchable. The more shot clocks there will be in matches with such players the better for all of us in my opinion.

Klenti will be just fine with the shot clock...just like Ralf is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEV0uWSfd0

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Albin has to defend his spot on the rankings against the players behind him, because I don`t think Chamat will take two Austrians with him, although Mario and Albin might be a bank for the doubles matches.

Nils is in great form and with his great MC history its safe to say he will be the first wild card pick, if he doesn`t manage to come through the rankings anyway.

Szewczyk, Zielinski and Kazakis have the chance if they manage to go deep in the last two Eurotour events. I didn`t do the math here, so maybe Grabe or Gorst have a shot too, but I guess you can`t expect that all the others on the list go out early and don`t make any points.

Atm I see Shaw in front of Filler and Melling for the last wild Card pick, but Filler played a strong European Championship and has three events left, where he can overcome Shaw, while I guess that Shaw will just play the US Open.
Melling really has to make at least the final of the US Open and rely on his Brit bonus to come through, since I don`t think he will play any of the two Eurotour tourneys left.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klenti will be just fine with the shot clock...just like Ralf is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEV0uWSfd0

I've seen that pack immediately after he did it and of course that was huge.... I have some experience as a coach and I was together with my young pupils at some European championships for youth in the past so I remember many nowadays young pros when they were pupils and juniors and I may have some knowledge of what they are capable. Of course it is a sport and winning is a major goal for a player so if the rules allow the players to use some stuff to influence the opponent some players will do this and that. I hope we all know what I'm talking about. Just watch that match Klenti vs. SVB. How many times Klenti was down on the shot then stood up, thinking once more and repeat this every now and then even when it was obvious he definitely knows what he should do and will do. Ok, he played vs. one of the best players in the world and that is the only answer why he was doing all of that? In any sport there are successful athletes which are loved by the audience because they are fun to watch, they are great examples and bring the kids and new talents into the sport and so on. There are the reasons for this love but the main in my opinion is because they are concerned not only in their success but also thinking about the audience trying together with the opponent to show their best. That's why I love to watch snooker because I see that attitude much more than in pool, the game I really love. I guess that is one of the reasons why there are much more money in snooker...

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, so even with some MC points still left on the board you feel the top 3 are pretty much set? I mean, pretty much any combination should still be able to pulverize the Americans, but I just don't see He as one of the best that Europe has to offer. He seems like a nice guy and all, but I feel like he's a notch below some of the other blokes.
First I've seen Mario when he was 13 or 14 y.o. pupil playing vs one of my pupils at EC for youth. In a few years the other pupil of mine met him at the EC and they became friends after that. Mario grabbed some medals in U-17 and U-19 divisions then became the first youngest player (at the age of 18 or 19) who took gold in men division at the EC. Only in a few years my countryman Vitaliy Patsura managed to do the same. Mario have I'm not sure how many winnings at the Eurotours and in my opinion he's got more natural talent for this game than some players who you may guess he is behind. And you are right in addition he is a great guy who really enjoys the game and he is fun to watch.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bottom line - Europe has a wealth of talent to draw from. Team USA sorely lacking the same. Another embarassing loss looms ahead.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen that pack immediately after he did it and of course that was huge.... I have some experience as a coach and I was together with my young pupils at some European championships for youth in the past so I remember many nowadays young pros when they were pupils and juniors and I may have some knowledge of what they are capable. Of course it is a sport and winning is a major goal for a player so if the rules allow the players to use some stuff to influence the opponent some players will do this and that. I hope we all know what I'm talking about. Just watch that match Klenti vs. SVB. How many times Klenti was down on the shot then stood up, thinking once more and repeat this every now and then even when it was obvious he definitely knows what he should do and will do. Ok, he played vs. one of the best players in the world and that is the only answer why he was doing all of that? In any sport there are successful athletes which are loved by the audience because they are fun to watch, they are great examples and bring the kids and new talents into the sport and so on. There are the reasons for this love but the main in my opinion is because they are concerned not only in their success but also thinking about the audience trying together with the opponent to show their best. That's why I love to watch snooker because I see that attitude much more than in pool, the game I really love. I guess that is one of the reasons why there are much more money in snooker...

He got that stuff from watching Mark Selby playing snooker. Then there is Ebdon, McCloud and others behaving the same way. It's a part of the game. a part that i don't care much for, but still a part of the game

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He got that stuff from watching Mark Selby playing snooker. Then there is Ebdon, McCloud and others behaving the same way. It's a part of the game. a part that i don't care much for, but still a part of the game

Yeah, ok that is part of the game but you know what TD at the EC does when he knows certain players can be very slow? There are certain rules for that when the shot clock appears. I don't care much to watch the players who are not that fun to watch but I like to watch the players who don't forget about the audience and the game itself.