1st post and need a new shaft

JDaddy007

Looks like this is an active site. I have always played 8 ball but recently started getting serious... Meaning other than when I am drinking at the bar! Haha. All jokes aside I purchased a lucasi cue with the flex point shaft. Took it to my local Billiard Store and they said the shaft had been "taken down". With this set up when I am on... I am on! But I have no room for any error. I have been told going to a larger diameter would help. Thoughts? Suggestions on shafts? I have been eyeballing the OB Plus. I have a uniloc butt. If you have have a shaft for sale, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Looks like this is an active site. I have always played 8 ball but recently started getting serious... Meaning other than when I am drinking at the bar! Haha. All jokes aside I purchased a lucasi cue with the flex point shaft. Took it to my local Billiard Store and they said the shaft had been "taken down". With this set up when I am on... I am on! But I have no room for any error. I have been told going to a larger diameter would help. Thoughts? Suggestions on shafts? I have been eyeballing the OB Plus. I have a uniloc butt. If you have have a shaft for sale, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

First of all welcome. A smaller diameter shaft is better in my opinion. Aim small miss small. Plus you have more precise control of the cue ball. To each their own, but use what you are comfortable with.

BigFish23

Registered
Welcome!

I have not experimented deeply in this area, but the consensus seems to be that smaller tips provide more english on the ball, so it's easier to get out of shape or throw the object ball when you don't mean to. That said, if you don't use extreme english, then the smaller tip probably won't change your game much. There are many posts here that discuss going to 12.5mm, 11.8, or smaller, and how that affected their shots.

The shaft construction, taper, tip, and other factors also influence the hit.

As to your other inquiry - I have a Predator Vantage shaft for sale. It is new. It has a larger tip size (12.9 mm) and a medium Predator tip. Many people like the Vantage for the stiff hit. I'm asking $265 shipped in CONUS with PP G&S. See the listing here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?516180&p=6718031#post6718031

There's tons of good info on this site. Take a few hours and poke around.

JDaddy007

Thank you. I like the small diameter just thinking maybe a larger for those times when I have a lot of green or just a bit off.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

If I was to buy an OB product it would be there new torrified shaft called Phoenix. Other than that I'd get a 12.4mm Revo and be done with changing shafts for good.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum. I have a Predator 314-3 Uniloc for sale @ $225 shipped in the continental US via USPS Priority.

Keith

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think the "taken down" is messing with your head.
What size is this shaft?
If it's around 12.5 just play with it.