Don't Think They're Liking The Cyclop Cue Ball @ DCC

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
A pro friend who attended DCC said the Cyclop Diamond & Dot cue ball was providing some odd rolls at DCC and just now after the Melling / Konrad 9b match, Chris was slow rolling the cue ball, first with the diamond row then on the dots row and was getting a slightly different roll from each.

I'll never be convinced that Cyclop balls can be as good as the tried and *true* Aramiths.

I know, they're a sponsor and Diamond distributes them but............

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm certainly not a fan of those cue balls either.

The ones I used look like they'd glow int the dark.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have Centennials, Aramith Tournament balls, and older Cyclops (glow in the dark cue ball with the eyeball on it) sets. All 3 sets were bought new within a year of each other. The only unusual thing I can say I have only ever had skids with Cyclops, no other balls yet. Of course I didnt really know what a skid was till I had seen it happen but once you see it it becomes very obvious.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pro friend who attended DCC said the Cyclop Diamond & Dot cue ball was providing some odd rolls at DCC and just now after the Melling / Konrad 9b match, Chris was slow rolling the cue ball, first with the diamond row then on the dots row and was getting a slightly different roll from each.

I'll never be convinced that Cyclop balls can be as good as the tried and *true* Aramiths.

I know, they're a sponsor and Diamond distributes them but............

best,
brian kc

I pointed this out quite awhile ago. I saw that CB give Josh Roberts funky rolls. When I saw Shane play with it, it made me appreciate Shane's ability to adjust.