Need Kamui Tips Installed in Ohio

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Any reccomendations? I am really picky. I had a guy butcher a Jerry Franklin SW shaft one time before I knew much about cues and pool in general. Looking for someone that does high quality work. I may end up shipping my shafts out of state, but thought I would try closer to home first.

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you decide to ship, right to your east Scot Sherbine from proficient Billiards does incredible work. Ephrata Pa

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are you in Ohio? It is sufficiently large state that shipping may make sense.

Until recently, I always had the original cuemaker install new tips. That way I could be sure of care and quality. Also, they could inspect the ferrules and shafts while doing to work.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you check with Kamui, they have a list of "authorized installers". Their tips need a bit of a different method to install, think it has to do with how you need to trim it using a lathe, too much heat can cause the tip to come apart.

I agree with looking around to find a good tip repair person, I have had a shaft messed up a bit with the tip looking like it was half melted instead of nice and round before from just dropping it off at a pool room for whoever to install it.

The only person that works on my cues is Mike Webb or someone he would recommend, learned the hard way that saving a 30 minute drive is not worth having to re-do the work anyway LOL

Last edited:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ohio cue repair

Ohio - SHAWN PUTNAM CUES and Harris of Blue Grass are TOP guys when it comes to cue work, Putman is a Pro player Harris builds some of the best and well known cues in the business.

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
If Southern Ohio I would recommend

Dick Gahm
6625 Dixie Highway
Fairfield Ohio

He's done many tips for me and I've never had an issue.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryan Roberts is the guy to send your stuff to. He always does my tips and have him clean the shafts while you are at it. They will come back silky smooth. You can look him up: Bryan Robert's Rack66. (502)969-2222.