Jerry Rauenzahn Desert Ironwood & Hawaiian Koa Hoppe....

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
This is a beautiful cue that I had Jerry rework earlier this year and it turned out really nice; condition is excellent 95%+ :cool:

Bumperless with an Ivory Hoppe ring; Desert Ironwood sleeve; perfectly smooth black leather wrap; Desert Ironwood points with 4 veneers (natural, mahogany, teal blue and black); Hawaiian Koa forearm with a piloted 5/16-14 Ivory joint....it hits really sweet ;)

Butt - 29", 14.6 oz (adjustable)
Shaft #1 (314-2), 29", 4.1 oz, 12.6mm
Shaft #2, 29", 4.2 oz, 13mm Ivory (test hit)
Shaft #3, 29", 4.2 oz, 13mm Ivory (unplayed)
Matching black phenolic ringwork with maple stitches and teal blue blocks

$OLD :thumbup2:

Last edited:

Fordmont

Registered
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How dark is the Ironwood? I ask because in the 'more pics here' area, the ironwood looks very dark next to the Koa. In the singe picture here there seems to be good contrast between the ironwood and koa. Which picture is closest to reality? Thanks. Interested in buying the cue.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
How dark is the Ironwood? I ask because in the 'more pics here' area, the ironwood looks very dark next to the Koa. In the singe picture here there seems to be good contrast between the ironwood and koa. Which picture is closest to reality? Thanks. Interested in buying the cue.

I've added a video to the pic file too. It's overcast here today, I'd say the Ironwood is a medium brown color but, has a very nice contrast with the Koa; and, the veneers really make the cue pop.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
Jerry Rauenzahn

Desert Ironwood

quite a combination,someone will be very happy with this
Jerry is retiring so these will not be easy to find much longer

funny thing with art,the artist has to disappear before the prices go way up