John "Monster John" Rouse Memorial/Grave Marker Donation Drive.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

If you didn't already see it my friend and the great player John "Monster John" Rouse passed away on Saturday at the age of 61. John was a great friend of mine and a mentor. I have spoke to his daughter Erica and will be trying to put together enough money to get John a proper and nice Grave Marker.I told her I will take care of the headstone. I want to get something made for him just like this one done for cuemaker Herman Rambow.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=236914

John will be placed in the Evergreen Cemetery in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday July the 21.

Along with another friend of John's in Hollywood (Gary Kaye) I will working to get this done to honor his memory. So if your in Hollywood and wish to donate to this cause you can give funds in person to UPS Gary or you may use Pay Pal to me at Forrestleesutton@ YAH00.com

I'm hoping some people would like to help us with the monument for this great man and pool player. He deserves a good monument at his resting place.

Every cent would be accounted for. I'm thinking right now that the monument would be about 575-600 and I'm not sure on installation yet. but maybe 800-900 for everything. Regardless of donations I will make sure this friend of mine gets his marker but I figured it's worth reaching out to the pool community on this one as well.

EDIT*** Price for everything ended up being $1100
Thanks,

Forrest

Will take any donations through pay pal and will send a list out to everyone who contributes accounting for every cent as well as emailing everyone a photo of the marker once it has been placed. Would like anyone who donates information. Name Telephone number, address, and email address so I can keep track of it.

RIP John

Photo courtesy of Mr. Steve Booth - additional photos found at http://www.poolinaction.com where it came from. Thanks.

Attachments

• monster2.jpg
    monster2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:

plyittothetbone

Registered
I am truly saddened to hear of John's passing. he was a really great guy and truly a monster player. I will always remember watching him play Grady Matthews on table 1 at hollywood. I am glad he is in a better place now and hope he has people still going to the hip in the big pool hall in the sky.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
$650 now. More than halfway there. Anything helps even 5 bucks is appreciated for the monument to this great friend and old school pool player.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
$835 dollars so far just waiting on a couple of guys to pay what they pledged. We are very close to our goal here. Need another $250

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Hey guys want to thank everyone so far raised up to 885 need another 200 and we are set! :D

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Just had another $100 pledge so we just need $100 more and we can get the ball rolling on for John's monument. Thanks again everyone.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
WE MADE OUR Goal! I couldn't have done this without the help from everyone and UPS Gary. I will be sure to post updates here on AZ and photos. Halfway done.

forrest

plyittothetbone

Registered
talked to Gary last night and he told me you guys had made your goal im really happy to hear. really good thing you guys did for a really good player and more importantly a good person.