Cue Rattle

TDub

I get the 8!!!
Silver Member
Hello everyone, let me thank you all for any input you provide before I start. I have a custom cue that was built for me in 2011. I have noticed that when I angle the cue and drop the cue on the floor in the butt bumper I hear a rattle in the cue. It does not rattle when shooting and it does not have an weird vibrations when i shoot. Anyone know what that can be? Sounds like the rattle is coming near the forearm or joint. I have a 3/8 10 pin for the joint.

Thanks everyone

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Hello everyone, let me thank you all for any input you provide before I start. I have a custom cue that was built for me in 2011. I have noticed that when I angle the cue and drop the cue on the floor in the butt bumper I hear a rattle in the cue. It does not rattle when shooting and it does not have an weird vibrations when i shoot. Anyone know what that can be? Sounds like the rattle is coming near the forearm or joint. I have a 3/8 10 pin for the joint.

Thanks everyone

Had something similar with a custom cue once...turned out to be a small bead of epoxy in the joint insert that was too big to fall out. The maker got it out for me, no problemo. Could be something similar, or in somewhere else, maybe inside the butt, past the weight bolt or screw holding on the bumper? take the cue apart, and carefully shake the shaft, then the butt, listening closely for the rattle...

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rattle/buzz could come from a number of reasons. Besides what west point mentioned, have a Cue maker or repair person check it out.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey a cue I have just went through this. The maker did the A joint over again. I haven’t got it back yet but he said the rattle is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue may have a rattle

But I dont know, because I dont drop it on the floor