AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Raising the slate for a glue down recovery

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Raising the slate for a glue down recovery
Old
  (#1)
Pooldoctor
Registered
Pooldoctor is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Raising the slate for a glue down recovery - 03-12-2014, 07:17 AM

I have purchased the Simonis DVD's and they are very helpful tools. I have some ideas as to what is the best method for raising the slate 4.5 inches above the table to spray glue on the desired areas. Are 2x6's the best choice? I normally just slide the slate over to 1 side then slide to the other etc. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

03-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooldoctor View Post
I have purchased the Simonis DVD's and they are very helpful tools. I have some ideas as to what is the best method for raising the slate 4.5 inches above the table to spray glue on the desired areas. Are 2x6's the best choice? I normally just slide the slate over to 1 side then slide to the other etc. Any input is appreciated! Thanks
Raising the slate up means you have access to the entire slate to install the bed cloth, without having to move it all around.

Spray glue the slate?
Old
  (#3)
PUTT4DACA$$H
AzB Silver Member
PUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Spray glue the slate? - 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooldoctor View Post
I guess I need to watch the videos again
Good Luck,
Gordon Graham

PS I use a 4x4 block with a 2x4 attatched to it to get the slate to a nice working height for myself

Last edited by PUTT4DACA$$H; 03-17-2014 at 12:22 PM.

(#4)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Post - 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM

How is the slate not pulled off the blocks while stretching the cloth?
Having a helper hold the slate? If you have a helper why not just remove the slate and set it on the box side saddle? I use quick clamps to hold the slate in place while stretching the cloth while the slate is set on top sidewayz, if I don't use clamps or have someone hold the slate in place I'd dog walk the slate rite off the box.

Am I missing something about the blocks? It's a two man operation, why not spin it and move it to the other end if needed..?

Rob.M

Last edited by ROB.M; 03-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Stretch ing Cloth while slate is raised
Old
  (#5)
Pooldoctor
Registered
Pooldoctor is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Stretch ing Cloth while slate is raised - 03-26-2014, 04:43 PM

The answer to your question is yes you will need a helper to hold the slate as you stretch the cloth . I've seen one guy in the new orleans area use a small lever to rotate his block under the slate w/o having to exert too much muscle. I think I'm going to try his idea.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: