The beginning of the R-MODEL

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an old baby that started the Rmodel Schon. This was before working at McDermott or starting Schon. I had Bob clean her up,not refinish, and make a new shaft.

Attachments

• IMG_3198.jpg
    IMG_3198.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3226.jpg
    IMG_3226.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 485

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is awesome, thanks for sharing! Beautiful color to that cue and especially that one darker honey colored shaft. So nice!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Nice early cue...Why would the title of the thread be "The beginning of the R model" if the first "series" of cues Bob did with Schon was the S series which predates the R and this cue was made before Schon cues started? Just curious

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R model ?

Just trying to say it was made before Schons. Could call it oneof the earliest Rundes. Just wanted to share it.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Ok... I get it..It's cool that the sleeve ring style in this cue may have influenced him in his above the wrap "Bushka" ring in Schon cues later...Nice early Runde

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Nice!!

It's really cool to see some of Bob's earliest work. This is GREAT! Thanks for sharing such a rare piece of cue history!

-Jonas

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a 4pt unmarked with stitch rings made in approx 79 by Bob. I purchased it from the original owner who got it at Romines. I love cue builder history.