AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Simonis DVD for Rails
Old
  (#1)
Pooldoctor
Registered
Pooldoctor is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Smile Simonis DVD for Rails - 05-09-2012, 06:21 AM

I recently viewed the DVD and noticed that it is reommended to put a fold on the side pockets of Valley rails. Is this the method that the majority of installers use? Is it better to fold a seam or just start on the side pocket face and pull the slack out as you staple toward the other direction? I currently install without a seam. Just trying to find the preferred method!!

Old
  (#2)
B_White
AzB Silver Member
B_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond reputeB_White has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-09-2012, 04:47 PM

I prefer the fold method from the Simonis DVD's.

Old
  (#3)
Club Billiards
Absolute Billiard Service
Club Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to Club Billiards  
05-10-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooldoctor View Post
I recently viewed the DVD and noticed that it is reommended to put a fold on the side pockets of Valley rails. Is this the method that the majority of installers use? Is it better to fold a seam or just start on the side pocket face and pull the slack out as you staple toward the other direction? I currently install without a seam. Just trying to find the preferred method!!
Every table I've seen without the fold, the side pockets are distorted like snooker rails. If you can cover rails properly, you can get that side pocket fold tight and clean without distorting the nose of the cushion.

Josh Ebert
Absolute Billiard Service
Dayton, Ohio
(937)609-2049
www.AbsoluteBilliardService.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: