how are ya'll doing in league ?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
My team finished 1st for the 2nd straight session in our UPA 8 ball league in house. We were so far ahead we didn't need to win a match for the last 3 weeks. Next session it will be a challenge because out best player isn't playing.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I was accused of having to cheat to win this week. Funny thing is that I was down 4-1 in the previous rack....thought it was match and shook hands. No it wasn't over yet. He gave me BIH after the foul and subsequent name calling. 4-2....4-3....oh yes name calling throughout. He left and forfeited the last 1 or 2 ( I may have the score wrong ). It was a 5-5 race. We lost and got bumped out of 1st place by a different team.

Probably my last APA year.
This ain't golf my friends. Tired of arguing fouls.

You know, that's really too bad. Part of me would really like to have seen this end with a show of good sportsmanship on both sides, but the bigger part of me really hopes you made his candy ass cry before you made him quit, and while you're at it I hope you made him hold your cue while you kissed his girlfriend. I hate whiny people

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
You know, that's really too bad. Part of me would really like to have seen this end with a show of good sportsmanship on both sides, but the bigger part of me really hopes you made his candy ass cry before you made him quit, and while you're at it I hope you made him hold your cue while you kissed his girlfriend. I hate whiny people
Thanks. Others stated he was in the wrong. Certainly did his team a disservice.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Thanks. Others stated he was in the wrong. Certainly did his team a disservice.

Oh, he was absolutely in the wrong and he did do his team an incredible disservice, but the basement flooded and I'm not feeling very politically correct, so it's like this:
I can't stand whiny little bltches like this prom queen. It's people like him that give everyone else a reason (and a valid reason) to bash the APA. I hope you made his teeth bleed
Come to Las Vegas for the NTC 8 ball, I wanna buy you a beer and a hotdog, 2 beers if you really made him cry

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I figured out part of the reason I have been in a funk lately. Not getting down low enough on my shots. Old age is creeping up on me and I have been slowly raising up higher and higher over time.

Well I forced my self to get down the last few matches and have had good results so far.

Last Fri u won 8 ball 4-0 in a 4-3 race.

Last night I played on the big tables and won 8 ball 4-0 in a 4-4 race.

Won 9 ball 38-22 in a 38-38 race.

Back was sore for a while after each match but so far the results have been worth it.

pug1986

Registered
My team finished 1st for the 2nd straight session in our UPA 8 ball league in house. We were so far ahead we didn't need to win a match for the last 3 weeks. Next session it will be a challenge because out best player isn't playing.

Excellent humblebrag

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a 6 in 8 ball lat night. I was playing pretty good and it got hill hill. I played a safe with 2 balls left and he had 1 left.

After he spent about a minute trying to figure out how to kick he decides to jump trying to pocket it into the top left corner. He makes contact but misses the corner by a diamond. The ball goes 2 rails and falls into the side pocket leaving him perfect on the 8. Some days just ain't your day lol

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Playing a 6 last night, already down a couple games....I play a damned good safety and get BIH, with four balls on the table, all reasonably spaced apart on one end of the table.

I promptly miss the BIH shot.

My session of futility continues.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Playing a 6 last night, already down a couple games....I play a damned good safety and get BIH, with four balls on the table, all reasonably spaced apart on one end of the table.

I promptly miss the BIH shot.

My session of futility continues.

You're not alone, my brother. I used to feel really bad about that when it happened to me until some years ago I was watching one of the old Camel Pro Tours events and I saw Francisco Bustamonte miss a BIH, he was clearly embarrassed, ever since then I don't feel so stupid when it happens to me

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a SL6 and got lucky this week playing a SL7. Thanks to him missing some uncharacteristic shots and me getting a few lucky rolls I was able to win 4-0. This should bump me from 5th to 2nd on the 'Top Gun' and improve my win % to just over 72%.

Really looking forward to the last two weeks of league then playoffs and striving for the top spot in 'Top Gun'.

Weber

Registered
Well the first session of 2015 ends this week for my league, ended up pretty good.

My handicap increased and I ended the session with a 50% win/loss record, 1perfect night.

Should have been better but had two rough weeks where the ball roll was against me.

Hope to continue to improve during the summer session.

Solothedon

I've been playing NAPA 8, 9, and 10ball for about 2 years now. My team is currently in 2nd place with two weeks of play left. We're 24 points behind to win the session. I'm currently the individual points leader.

Skill level
8ball - 63
9ball - 52
10ball - 62

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fri night I played another 5 in 8 ball singles. He won the 1st rack and I won the next 4 in a row. Had to utilize a bunch of safties to pull it off.

My partner and I won both 8 and 9 ball doubles.

Played masters today. Won both matches. One by 7-3 and the other 7-4. So far I am 3-3 in masters. Not bad for a 5. Since their are no handicaps listed I am not sure of my opponents handicaps but I think there were a few 5's and 6's mixed in with a couple of 7's. It ain't like I am beating the crap outs all 7's :grin-square:

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Almost... I can almost reach it... My 8-ball SL is at an all time high of 79. I've been trying hard to break 80.

I played 3 NAPA singles matches and a team match in the past week. I was 2-1 in singles and 0-1 in the team match.

The team match was total BS. My opponent had his teammate distract me by talking to me when I wasn't shooting and showing me stuff on his phone. I mean, really, what kind of a guy needs to distract his opponent? A punk, that's what kind. That's all right, though, if my opponent needs to shark his opponent to win, I just feel bad for him and will let him have the win.

You hear that!? I LET you win!

I feel better. Now for the truth: my opponent is great guy and great shooter. He outplays me all the time and I just dogged the few opportunities I had. He also reads the forum and knows who I am. :)

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Almost... I can almost reach it... My 8-ball SL is at an all time high of 79. I've been trying hard to break 80.

I played 3 NAPA singles matches and a team match in the past week. I was 2-1 in singles and 0-1 in the team match.

The team match was total BS. My opponent had his teammate distract me by talking to me when I wasn't shooting and showing me stuff on his phone. I mean, really, what kind of a guy needs to distract his opponent? A punk, that's what kind. That's all right, though, if my opponent needs to shark his opponent to win, I just feel bad for him and will let him have the win.

You hear that!? I LET you win!

I feel better. Now for the truth: my opponent is great guy and great shooter. He outplays me all the time and I just dogged the few opportunities I had. He also reads the forum and knows who I am. :)

Oh man, I felt sick when I first started reading this post.. haha. I'm sorry Krupa... I apologize for the distractions. I did feel bad for that. I did have a lot of fun shooting against you, and with you, after our match. I do believe that was our first match-up?? Hopefully, we'll get the chance to shoot together more often. You're game is progressing nicely, and it's nice to see.

It looks like your team has a pretty good handle on the league so far, so I wish you all luck. I am done for the season, until playoffs.

Nice shooting. See you soon, buddy.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Oh man, I felt sick when I first started reading this post.. haha. I'm sorry Krupa... I apologize for the distractions. I did feel bad for that. I did have a lot of fun shooting against you, and with you, after our match. I do believe that was our first match-up?? Hopefully, we'll get the chance to shoot together more often. You're game is progressing nicely, and it's nice to see.

It looks like your team has a pretty good handle on the league so far, so I wish you all luck. I am done for the season, until playoffs.

Nice shooting. See you soon, buddy.

Thanks!

I think the only really frustrating part was grabbing the cue ball without first asking if I had ball in hand. (for others reading this, I did not.)

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
pool101.jpg
had a pretty good year or two :)

Banks

Banned
Suck a fat one, pool gods.

Hill-hill for an additional grand in cash.. break the 8 and scratch. Oh well, next time.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting ready to go to playoffs. Drama is starting be for I ever leave the house.

Hope fully it works out . Let you know later tonight:D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Despite losing 3 out of 5 matches in 8 ball playoffs tonight we managed to win 7-6.

I shut out another 5 by 4-1 our 6 shut out another 6 by 5-2 and our other 3 players all managed to get on the hill getting us a point a piece

The drama mentioned above was my g/ txt every one 3 hours before league started to remind them about playoffs. We had already discussed this with the team last wed.

My best 4 txt back he was not gonna make it cause he decided to have a cook out. Don know why i was pissed off and suprised he was not gonna make it. He always has something to do every time we have play offs or tri cups.

Well thankfully tonight was the last night I have to deal with his crap because he decided to start his own team next session.