Fastbond 30nf vs fastbond 10

SNO

Registered
Hey guys. Long time lurker here. Really appreciate the helpful information here. I bought a cheap barbox, and I'm trying to replace the cloth and cushions. I'm having trouble getting the glue off the slate. Trying goof off and scrapers but it's barely working. I was told on another forum that a propane torch and putty knife would do the trick. My main question though, is can I use 3m fastbond 30nf to glue the cloth instead of 3m fastbond 10? I plan on gluing and stretching it the same way as the diamond YouTube video of them doing the smart table. If not I'll just use super 77. I just don't want to spend another $30-40 dollars when I already have the fastbond 30 for the cushions, and I've already passed the "economic threshold" for this table so to speak, so I figure it would be nice to use more of that than buying two seperate cements and barely using either. I'm putting championship valley ultra with Teflon on it
Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Edit: I contacted 3m and got sent to their industrial section. They said both should work, but neither would be the first thing they reccomend for gluing felt, and most people call about super 77. I'm curious to hear a mechanics opnion though. Thanks

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The 30 is water based, and don't work worth a damn, I tried it years ago when it first came out and passed on its use then, and wouldn't wasn't my time with it today either. As for your other questions, buying the Simonis DVDS would be your best form of information.

SNO

Registered
QUOTE=realkingcobra;5108307]The 30 is water based, and don't work worth a damn, I tried it years ago when it first came out and passed on its use then, and wouldn't wasn't my time with it today either. As for your other questions, buying the Simonis DVDS would be your best form of information.[/QUOTE]

Thank you glen. I'll look for some fastbond 10, if I can't fing a good deal I'll use the super 77 and the DVD. If I have a question about my sub rails is it okay to ask it here or should I start a new thread? They basically don't have a groove in the back for the cloth staples, so towards the end where the cloth is folded over they don't sit snug on the rail frame.
image.jpg

Edit: I did end up finding some. Idk why I couldn't before. I guess apparently fastbond 10 and scotch weld are the same?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
First off, the rails are not are recovered correctly. Second, those are not Valley rails, so what kind of bar table did you buy? As far as installing the cloth, buy the Simonis DVDS from Seyberts.com, they'll show you how to do everything you need to know about installing the cloth. Removing the old glue build up is very easy if you find a spray can of 3M Adhesive Remove. Spray it on the old glue, scrape it off, spray on the slate again, then wipe the rest clean....it's that easy.

SNO

Registered
First off, the rails are not are recovered correctly. Second, those are not Valley rails, so what kind of bar table did you buy? As far as installing the cloth, buy the Simonis DVDS from Seyberts.com, they'll show you how to do everything you need to know about installing the cloth. Removing the old glue build up is very easy if you find a spray can of 3M Adhesive Remove. Spray it on the old glue, scrape it off, spray on the slate again, then wipe the rest clean....it's that easy.

I'll get the DVDs, but will they work for my specific rails even if there is no groove? I have a friend with a router table who may be able to router the groove, or would it be best to leave them as is?

The subrails are screwed into the rail frame with wood screws then the rail frame is screwed into the actual frame in a similar manner. I'm not sure what kind of table it is. It just says "slate" on a metal plate by the ball return on the foot of the table. There's also this pic but I can't decide much from it.
image.jpg

Is this the remover; 3m makes a couple different ones? http://www.amazon.com/3M-03618-Adhesive-Remover-oz/dp/B000BQYA7W#immersive-view_1425608913660

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't know what that picture is, don't you have the table on hand? If so, take a couple of pictures of it and post them here. Yes, the DVDS cover all bar table rails similar to what you have.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Let's hope that board is not the playing surface....

Either way you'll be happy with the DVD's

Rob.M

SNO

Registered
QUOTE=realkingcobra;5108307]The 30 is water based, and don't work worth a damn, I tried it years ago when it first came out and passed on its use then, and wouldn't wasn't my time with it today either. As for your other questions, buying the Simonis DVDS would be your best form of information.

Thank you glen. I'll look for some fastbond 10, if I can't fing a good deal I'll use the super 77 and the DVD. If I have a question about my sub rails is it okay to ask it here or should I start a new thread? They basically don't have a groove in the back for the cloth staples, so towards the end where the cloth is folded over they don't sit snug on the rail frame.
View attachment 376856

Edit: I did end up finding some. Idk why I couldn't before. I guess apparently fastbond 10 and scotch weld are the same?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what that picture is, don't you have the table on hand? If so, take a couple of pictures of it and post them here. Yes, the DVDS cover all bar table rails similar to what you have.
Yea sorry here are some pics. I can only seem to attach one per post though... Is that the correct adhesive I linked earlier from Amazon? Btw thanks for all the help with this.
image.jpg

Last edited:

SNO

Registered
image.jpg
The guy I got it from bought it 15 years ago and had it reflected and new cushions on it but said he didn't remember much else.
The numbers on the frame read 102866-Jalan.209
The last part could be different spelling, and a .204 instead of .209 but the first 6 numbers are easily readable

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know of 23 different coin op table manufactures, but I'm still at a loss as to who built that table.

SNO

Registered
I know of 23 different coin op table manufactures, but I'm still at a loss as to who built that table.
Hmm weird. Could it possibly be a "no name" brand like some 8ft home tables are, or is the coin OP world a lot different? The only other writing on the table is on the underside of the frame, which says "with table laying side down insert legs in marked positions. Fit by fit by hitting with your hands. Do not force into place."

Also wondering if this is the right adhesive remover
http://www.amazon.com/3M-03618-Adhesive-Remover-oz/dp/B000BQYA7W

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes to the glue remover, and yes the coin op industry is way different than the home table industry.

SNO

Registered
Yes to the glue remover, and yes the coin op industry is way different than the home table industry.

Awesome. Thanks for clearing some things up. I'll get the adhesive remover, and get the slate going while I wait for the DVDs and contact cement to ship. My only concern is that there's no groove behind the subrails for the cloth, but I'm assuming that's covered in the dvd with the glue down method.
Thanks for all the help

Last edited: