If you have visited Chandleys Chalk and Cue

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
I am interested in any feedback from the players good bad or whatever.
The only way I can fix any problems is knowing what they are.
I want Chandleys to be the best it can be.
Thanks
Mike Chandley

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Im a fan for life

Thanks
Mike Chandley

Mike,
I have come to your place and fell in love with the game all over again. The playing conditions are awesome. The food is good, the beer is cold, the staff are nice and you have a situation there that is ripe for development. If there is anything that I can do to help the players that come to your place to be able to enjoy playing pool I will definitely do it. What that means is that I will be happy to give some free introductory lessons to people who are having a hard time enjoying the game. I have been pool writing for a number of years and I've identified that pool is the greatest game on earth and we all look at things a little differently. Its the greatest game because you get to meet people socialize and then compete. Inside all of us is a competitor.

The most of what I want to see you do is market to new people and new demographics because I believe that pool is saleable to everyone under the right circumstances and I know that you are determined to make your place the best in the South.

I like very much what I see and what I see is a person who believes in pool and wants to do great things for pool and to me that's about all there is.

What a nice job you have done and what a nice place you have to do it in. Your possibilities are endless. Thank you for coming to this area.

Robin Kelly

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks
Mike Chandley

Need TV'S in the table area for football and some more servers on the busy nights, it was a little tough to get service sometimes.

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
Mike,
I have come to your place and fell in love with the game all over again. The playing conditions are awesome. The food is good, the beer is cold, the staff are nice and you have a situation there that is ripe for development. If there is anything that I can do to help the players that come to your place to be able to enjoy playing pool I will definitely do it. What that means is that I will be happy to give some free introductory lessons to people who are having a hard time enjoying the game. I have been pool writing for a number of years and I've identified that pool is the greatest game on earth and we all look at things a little differently. Its the greatest game because you get to meet people socialize and then compete. Inside all of us is a competitor.

The most of what I want to see you do is market to new people and new demographics because I believe that pool is saleable to everyone under the right circumstances and I know that you are determined to make your place the best in the South.

I like very much what I see and what I see is a person who believes in pool and wants to do great things for pool and to me that's about all there is.

What a nice job you have done and what a nice place you have to do it in. Your possibilities are endless. Thank you for coming to this area.

Robin Kelly

Thank you! Looking forward to getting things started with you.

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
Need TV'S in the table area for football and some more servers on the busy nights, it was a little tough to get service sometimes.

Thank you!

I have the cable boxes run in that room just give me a little time on the tvs.
Finding good wait staff has been a challenge but I am working on it.
Sometimes even with 8 waitresses you cant get 2 to show up.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fun place to be! enjoy the tables that are in fine shape. food is great.
I played in a couple of tourney's. kudo's to chandley's for having chris walsh doing what he knows to do. they were well run.
I like the location! couldn't be easier to get in and out off. good parking. feel comfortable going here.

Pugsley

Registered
I wouldn't mind seeing the tournaments start earlier but what suits me may not fit others so it's cool. You guys run a good room. Thanks. Eric M

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You started a thread about a one pocket tournament.

I asked a pretty straight forward is there any money added question, and never got an answer from you, and then the thread went way off topic.

Coming from the Midwest and not being a player, it means quite a bit if there is money added to pay down in the field, and not answering that thread probably cost you several more players who would have carpooled.

Thanks
Mike Chandley

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played an 8 ball tournament there on friday night 2 weeks ago and you didn,t have one waitress in the entire room. I have heard the food is good but when you can,t get the food or drinks brought to you and you are playing one match after the other it makes it rough. You really have to have waitresses in a room the size of yours. I also agree with the tv comments. The diamond tables are the nuts though.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also there is supposed to be a calcutta before the tournament and when i asked the guy running the tournament wasn,t there going to be a calcutta, he said he normally does but not tonight? Just let there be some consistency when people like myself are driving 75 miles one way to come play in tournaments.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

I've been out there for a couple of weekenders and had a great time. Now if we can just get you to open one East of I-95, in North Carolina of course. Virginia Beach or Chesapeake would work good also. I look forward to getting back out there.

Keith

P.S. Much thanks for getting the room rates handled.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another piece of advice, if you come on here asking for feedback, don't wait very long to respond to criticism. You don't want upset people to stew. If you came on just hoping for kudos, sunshine and puppydogs, well, surprise! People will tell you how they feel if you ask, even if you may not have really wanted it.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another piece of advice, if you come on here asking for feedback, don't wait very long to respond to criticism. You don't want upset people to stew. If you came on just hoping for kudos, sunshine and puppydogs, well, surprise! People will tell you how they feel if you ask, even if you may not have really wanted it.

Rich, the OP has not responded to this thread since 9/29/15. Probably has forgotten about its existence after 3 months on no activity.

Fooled me too until you made that comment.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich, the OP has not responded to this thread since 9/29/15. Probably has forgotten about its existence after 3 months on no activity.

Fooled me too until you made that comment.
Oh wow...totally missed that! Well, my point still stands, right?

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
So sorry I missed this post.
I thought it went dead.
As far as waitresses goes....many issues with them.
My thoughts are they hurt customers feelings sometimes without even knowing it.
I had alot negative feedback from the customers.
It's all trial and error at this point no other rooms this size for a comparison on how it should be run.
I know Mr Cues in Atlanta is one of the most successful rooms in the country....2 bartenders and 1 cook...no waitresses.
As far as Calcutta I will ask my tournament director what happened.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry I missed this post.
I thought it went dead.
As far as waitresses goes....many issues with them.
My thoughts are they hurt customers feelings sometimes without even knowing it.
I had alot negative feedback from the customers.
It's all trial and error at this point no other rooms this size for a comparison on how it should be run.
I know Mr Cues in Atlanta is one of the most successful rooms in the country....2 bartenders and 1 cook...no waitresses.
As far as Calcutta I will ask my tournament director what happened.
Mike -- You'd do well to consider chatting with Jay Helfert from time to time via PM or phone about all these and other matters. He has one of the sharpest minds in the country when it comes to insights and solutions relating to conducting a successful pool room proprietorship and anything pertaining to tournaments. A very creative, knowledgeable man. I've been thoroughly impressed with him for decades, both witnessing in person and hearing second-hand about his pool-related endeavors.

Arnaldo

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Expert Advice

Expert Advice from Lewis Carroll 1871

"Jabberwocky"

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871

This is just about as plain and understandable as I can make it. Sound advice to live by.